Fire Prism vs. Monoliths (the answer) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Prism vs. Monoliths (the answer)

Regarding Fire Prism/Monoliths debacle and being a Veteran Necron player here is my take on the situation using the what the designers themselves have said regarding the living metal rule.

The Living Metal rule was designed to give the Necrons an edge, especially seeing that their only vehicle is the largest model in the game. Everything I have ever read about the living metal rule, from the old FAQs, the old Chapter Approveds and even GW Grand tournaments boils the living metal rule down to this: For penetration you roll only one D6 and add the strength of the hit. That's it. The reference that GW used in the reprints is an unfortunate choice of words. The "Augmentation" of strength GW was referring to was regarding "rare" items such as the tankbusta bombs and other similar eratta that use unorthodox methods of modifying the Strength of the attack.

Some less intelligent and sneaky people have gone as far as "interpreting" the living rule reprint with the "augmentation" addition, totally wrong. (Saying that Powerfists/daemon strength only using their base Strength.)

This is silly as there would only models in the game that could damage the Monolith in HtoH would be a Carnifex and a Wraithlord as they are the ONLY models in the game that the "augmentation" rule would not apply. (heck even THEN one could stupidly argue that the upgrade biomorph to ST10 is an "augmentation.")

Once again, the living metal rule was not meant for the monolith to become indestructible, just hard to kill.

Put simply, the Fire Prism Cannon linked shot is not an augmentation of strength by the rules of the living metal rule. It does not add any additional D6's, and in the end it's still just a Strength (10) hit with D6 penetration. It is no different than a railgun, or destroyer laser cannon hit, it just requires at least two Fire Prisms to be able to link weapons and fire in the higher power mode.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Amen, my friend! Now it sounds reasonable enough...
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

We have closed one of these within the last 24 hours,

Sevenout, appreciate the remark and not, in any way saying you are wrong, I think it is probably the most sensible post on the subject I have seen. But someone will!

Thread closed
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Closed Thread