Noob Tau questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Noob Tau questions

Hey, just a couple of really basic questions..

1) If an independent character has a bonding knife and joins a unit, does the unit benefit from its effects? I'm guessing no, because the listing in the codex refers to 'bonded team members' and the fact that its given to team leaders, but it's so inspecific, and doesn't have any restriction preventing ICs from taking it.

2) The disruption pod.. a lot of people recommend them, but I'm not sure I get it. Being an obscured vehicle downgrades penetrating hits to glancing, but as skimmers Tau vehicles can already downgrade hits to glancing if they carry on moving. It just seems a little pointless, as it would still be safer to just keep moving rather than relying on the pod.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    1) If an independent character has a bonding knife and joins a unit, does the unit benefit from its effects?
    I would say they do benefit. RAW seem to have an IC possibly bonded w/ drones even. Plus Farsite gets one - why would he need one then.

2) The disruption pod.. a lot of people recommend them, but I'm not sure I get it. Being an obscured vehicle downgrades penetrating hits ... already downgrade hits to glancing if they carry on moving.
    Seems pointless to me too, unless you want to land to avoid dying on an immobilized result.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

2) The disruption pod.. a lot of people recommend them, but I'm not sure I get it. Being an obscured vehicle downgrades penetrating hits to glancing, but as skimmers Tau vehicles can already downgrade hits to glancing if they carry on moving. It just seems a little pointless, as it would still be safer to just keep moving rather than relying on the pod.
    To me its only useful if you don't get first turn...otherwise you should have you tanks moving every turn IMO.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby5 View Post
    I would say they do benefit. RAW seem to have an IC possibly bonded w/ drones even. Plus Farsite gets one - why would he need one then.
    He has one because he can take a bodyguard. I don't think IC with a knife will work on the squads they join, the team leader for the squad has to have one and the IC that joined does count toward the 50% rule.

DPs are pretty much useless, yes once in a blue moon they can serve a purpose but not very often.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread