Necron Lord, worst Hq....ever! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Necron Lord, worst Hq....ever!

So yeah. I realised that for 100 points, the necron lord is the worst Hq for point value stat wise. For a 100 points, you get a power weapon, and 1 plus toughness over a warrior. Thats it. Point for point, i bieleve it to be the worst Hq. I mean, yeah youj can outfit your lord to be pretty bamf, but even when you max it out with stuff for combat, its still 200 points of underaverage character slayingness. The lord is sucha support unit, and i wish there was an optional Hq that was more aggressive then just sitting there res orbing. You know, an Hq that can strike it on his own in the battlefield, but not as point heavy as the NightBringer.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried to out fit your lord to do what you want him to do?

You could try a SOL, Chronometron, Gaze of Flames, Nightmare Shroud, Phase Shifter, Phylactery combo for a maxed out lord who is good in HtH and shoot phases, plus has some nice staying power too.

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    The lord is sucha support unit, and i wish there was an optional Hq that was more aggressive then just sitting there res orbing. You know, an Hq that can strike it on his own in the battlefield, but not as point heavy as the NightBringer.

I agree with you on the point that the lord is a support unit. Though in my oppinion he is one of the best support units in the game when he is equipped with a res orb. Even if equipped towards close combat, he is still only well off in combat as support. I personally think there is not much in the necron army that doesnt need support in close combat to be greatly successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

He's not the worst HQ ever, besides, when you look at it the Necrons have huge plus' to counteract the lacking HQ. Almost every unit is able to take out Armour 14 vehicles, most of the units available can come back to life and they have the hardest non-forgeworld tank in the entire game. So to give Necrons one of the better HQ units in the 40k world would be rather harsh, but you dont need a super tooled up HQ when you have the C'Tan.

So rather on focusing on a lacking lord, think of how you can use him to improve your armies staying power, because that is what the Necrons are best at, staying on the table top long enough to anniahlate the opponant.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

*gasp* a HQ that isn't a CC monster must be crap....

..or not.

Yes the lord is expensive but he is quite possibly the best support character in the game.

Just by buying wargear he can improve nearly the entire army in one way or another (most commony via res orb).

Also if he comparable to say, a SM commander in CC he'd be worse. why spend extra points on CC ability in a shooty army?

If anything the necron lord is just about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    Point for point, i bieleve it to be the worst Hq.
    This is a joke right? You are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with this post. The lord isn't suppose to be a cc powerhouse. Its built to support your troops and survive, thats it. Might I add it does a damn good job at it too. The ability to face supper strong HQ/CC units is a plus but thats not what its suppose to do. Your right that many points is a lot, but something has to balance out its potential.

Peace
    In the rule book, on page 5, it says:
    "The most important rule about playing games of Warhammer 40K is to have fun!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

I do not do Necrons nor do I like them, but I recognize the lords obvious usefulness as soon as you give him that res orb thats it he becomes a major factor in a necron army and can easily help you on the path to victory, he is a monster, perhaps not a combat monster, but a support monster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand why anyone can complain about our HQ when we have Pariahs to look at. I have found the lord to be one of the best charcters in the game. We dont have alot in the way of weapon options we can give him but when you throw a Rez orb or a Veil and put him in with a unit of immortals then you have a hella mean unit jumping behind enemy lines. Personaly what i like to do is hold of on rolling for my Monolith to deep strike till turn 3. When it dose arrive you teleport your unit of warriors out the front of it and have your lord use the veil and you have almost half your army on the other half of the bord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x4)

It's widely established that the Nec Lord can't go head to head against most other HQ. So don't use him for that.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, he can't go head to head with every other HQ in the game by himself...but like alot of the other posters have said, he isnt much supposed to. He CAN be marginally wicked in close combat with a combination destroyer body, phase shifter, warscythe and lightning field with a retinue of scarabs against enemy troops though. Personally, I dont like gunning for a CC geared HQ in CC anyway. Its far better to mow them down from range, which Necs excel at. Pick your battles I say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast