Question about army lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about army lists

I havnt played 40K in about 2 years and im jsut starting to get back into it. When I stopped playing I had started an ork army but never finished it. I also had a large SM army. Im looking to continue and use my orks and grow the army. My only problem is form the people I have talked to, the only list that is successful a large amount of the time is speed freaks were you load up trukks and bust down the field into CC. Now this is a lot of fun dont get me wrong, but is there another list that is very competitive?

I was thinking about sluggas backed by a bassi. I got 2 squads of storm boyz and i was gonna launch them into CC and tie up the troops while my bassi rains down barrages on them. While this is happening I move the main force into position and just go at it. Now I havnt tried it yet, havnt even used my orks in battle yet/ But any advice is welecome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kans

The basilisk is good, and heaven knows the sluggas are the best Ork troops out there...but the 9-Kan idea is really very potent, if yer gonna footslog.

This is where you fill your heavy slots with 9 Killa Kans and have them lead your force forward. It's rough to shoot past them (or pierce there hides) and few want to go toe-to-tow with them.

Just an idea...

-K
    SM Player to the SM Player facing my Orks: "Who, in their right mind, moves towards Orks, Hunh?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you say that 3 kans are better then going for a dreadnaut?

Also I got my hands on a bike squad I won in a poker game ( kid was out of money so I let him play with models ) Are the bikes good for a foot based army? They seem like they could move down the field quick and lay down some cover fire and take some shots away from troops.
    thanks for the advice on the kans to, ill be sure to get my hands on a few

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kans, Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Tooth View Post
    Would you say that 3 kans are better then going for a dreadnaut?

Also I got my hands on a bike squad I won in a poker game ( kid was out of money so I let him play with models ) Are the bikes good for a foot based army? They seem like they could move down the field quick and lay down some cover fire and take some shots away from troops.
    thanks for the advice on the kans to, ill be sure to get my hands on a few
    Absolutely the 3 Kans are better than one Dread. And I am a true fan of bikes, but only if your points can afford a diversion. Bikes can scare the begeezus out of units, and the 5+ cover save and twin-linked big shootas are a plus, but they can't take the place of slugga boyz in a trukk (for points).

I went so far last year to build a 1500 point all-bike force. It was FUN (but boy, did I lose big-time).

-K
    SM Player to the SM Player facing my Orks: "Who, in their right mind, moves towards Orks, Hunh?"

+ Reply to Thread