Warp Spider Exarch and Spinerette Rifle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Spider Exarch and Spinerette Rifle

Ok, so I'm fairly new to 40k. Got about 1k 1.5k of Eldar painted and based. I want to make a Warp Spider Exarch with a Spinerette Rifle. I already have two others with power claws and dual death spinners. My big question is what does a spinerette rifle look like and how does one model one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, this weapon has never been officially designed, so feel free to make your own. I even tried googling for it... got a few hits from other forums where people ask the same thing :-)
    When I was your age Pluto was a planet and Wraithlords had D-cannons! Ah, the good old days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, are you going for three squads of Warp Spiders? Crazy if you are, that's really cool. However I've got nothing new, just think that it'll logically look like other 'spinner' weapons.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll think of something I'm sure. I've been loving the modeling and painting so far. Playing... well, right now I tend to lose to a friend of mine who plays marines. I'm going to try out several different tactics, including the Warp Spider overload to see how they work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt it a wee bit difficult swarming with models that cost that much?
    When I was your age Pluto was a planet and Wraithlords had D-cannons! Ah, the good old days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly swarming with Warp Spiders, just using several smaller units (not 10, somewhere between 5 and to jump around and frustrate my opponent. While he's chasing those (especially the Spinerette Rifle Exarch, as I know he fears its AP1), I'll advance with some other troops (probably Wraithguard, Harlequins, Dire Avengers, Striking Scorpions... something.).
    Right now, that's just one tactic that I'm thinking. I know its expensive, but if all else fails I have a bunch of Warp Spiders that I love the look of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The AP1 is actually more for scaring tanks since it is only one shot, maybe one marine dead, its real reasons to exist are pinning low leadership armies and hitting rear armour with insta-penetration.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This I realize, however my friend just fears anything that denies his power armor save a chance of working. Before I had much and we were playing 500 pt games, he kept gloating as his marines saved from every shot of my Guardian squads. Right now, he's a little cocky and I want to catch him off guard.
    He's read the stats on all my units a number of times, and that AP1 just makes him cringe as he realizes that one of his prized marines will go down if it hits. I know that he's been working on a razorback and a predator, so the spinerette rifle could also be useful for dealing with those. If my wraithlord or fire dragons don't deal with it first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Illyrien View Post
    Isnt it a wee bit difficult swarming with models that cost that much?
    If you do it right it would not exactly be swarming. The WS speed lets you fight on your terms. So if you jump them all to a similar area and have them fire on the same target while placing them with their second jump so they won't be attacked you have kept them safe and are able to "swarm" each one of your opponents units at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a space marine player just starting to field an Eldar army, I would offer that Dark Reapers would make me cringe far more then 1 guy with an AP1 Weapon. 5 Reapers with an exarch and tempest is 11 attacks (3 with blast) that melts space marine faces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast