Reavers vs Basilisks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Menai Sydney Australia
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Reavers vs Basilisks

Hi all,
    recently had a 2000pt battle against the Imperial guard with my Kabal and every thing went OK (even though I lost this one) except for the anti-armour Reavers. These were two squads of three (1Succubus and 2 blasters in each) that were tasked to take out 2 Basilisks that were camped behind cover and extremely well protected by the HQ and about 30 Guardsmen with all sorts of upgrades.
    And although the girls on bikes managed to take out 1 big gun I couldn't help think that this was a suicide mission for them as they had to fly into the teeth of at least 40 shots per turn.
    This was a portal game but I started the Reavers on the table, made them turbo into cover then move 12" and fire on the next turn resulting in 6 Reavers down to 1 Basilisk - perhaps it would have been better to put the bikes in the portal but I had most of my army in there already.
    On the table there was 2 squads of 19 warriors with Sybarite-webway portal, 2 X 10 man sniper squads and 2 X 3 Reaver Squads. In the portal was 3 X 10 Wych raider squads, HQ on a raider with 4 Incubi and 2 warriors and a Ravager.
    The point of all this how could I have taken out the Basilisks any better? I think that they deserve priority treatment due to their enormous potential to fire large templates and so I threw what I thought was the best option at them. Could it have been better just to suffer the blast templates for 2 turns, got under the big guns range and just tried to assault with the warriors as well?
    Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

2. Remove Advertisements

SJ Bay Area
    3 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

225 (x6)

Hmmm, I am not sure about the succubi in a squad of 3 reavers, this makes them pricey to say the least. I use a squad of 3 with 2 blasters for 95 points. For me, I would trade 2 squads of bikes to take it out, sure.

I think of it like this: basilisk is around 100 or so, my bikes are around 190 points. If I trade the 95 points of the first squad to the 100 points I could easily say that you have prevented 3 to 4 blast templates of damage probably exceeding the worth of the second squad (95 points) of bikes.

In other words, if you prevented it from destroying at least 100 points then its worth it - a good sacrifice.

My 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread