New Boss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

New Boss

Oy, I'z da newest Boss aroun' 'ere and I'z looking for 'elp from you bigga bosses. After yearz of playin' dem beekeez, I turned ==Me==self over to da Orkz. Da Orkz is da only proppa' way to play, and I'z ready to stomp some weedy 'umies and other gitz.

Here's da bakgroun' of ==Me== Waagh!

+++...+++
    +++uplink successful+++
    +++welcome Inquisitor+++
    +++processing query: Ork warlords of the Ultima Segmentum+++
    +++searching archives…+++
    +++clarification requested: category 6 threat level+++
    +++clarification requested: Big Boss Bukkit+++
    +++processing…+++
    +++access granted+++
    +++beginning data recovery+++
    >+++transmitted: -classified-+++
    >+++received: -classified-+++
    >+++date: 4039762.M41+++

>+++thought for the day: Kill the alien, Burn the alien, Purge the alien; only through his >eradication can humanity truly prosper+++
    My lord,
    Upon receiving your orders to compile data on leaders of the Ork warbands located in the Ultima Segmentum, an onus I was honored and overjoyed to be given by one as great as you, I immediately departed for the Adeptus Mechanicus research facility located on Asteroid 3d1F in the Pollus system. This facility is renowned for its great archives of knowledge regarding the many Xenos encountered in the Ultima Segmentum; it is even headed by one of the Magi of the Adeptus Biologis, Xenologis division. As usual, the adepts were reluctant to share their knowledge, even with an agent of the Ordo Xenos, an acolyte of yours no less! I have filed a complaint against the adepts separately and would appreciate your support; perhaps we can show them proper humility. After gaining access to their database, I came across an extensive study of the Orks in the Segmentum. After "recovering" this information (at great personal risk, such is my devotion), I cross-referenced it with data obtained from our library and the logs of nearby Naval detachments, Imperial Guard regiments, Planetary Defense Forces, and even Rogue Traders. What follows is a thorough examination of all Ork warbands encountered within approximately the past three centuries and, more importantly, the warlods who lead these barbarians on their wars of conquest, pillage, or simply bloodlust.
    +++…+++
    Warlord: Warboss Chum, aka "Big Boss Bukkit"
    Warband: Bukkit’z Beeligrent Boyz
    Planet of Origin: Vrolk III, Vrolk System
    Approximate Size: 1 trillion Orks
    Warlord Chum came virtually out of nowhere, emerging as leader at the head of a massive Waagh! of Feral Orks that completely overran the Imperial world of Vrolk III (see attached files: planetary file, battle of Vrolk III, 86th Jouran Dragoons). They have since renamed the planet "Da Bin" for unknown reasons. From here the Orks launch raids into Imperial space, often crashing into vulnerable planets in the Vrolk system, but have been encountered across the Ultima Segmentum. Attacks on Vrolk III have been unsuccessful as of late, due in part to the massive Ork fleet and, to the horror of the Imperial Navy, a captured and reconfigured Imperial Star Fort of unknown Class and origin, dubbed the Deff Star by its new owners. In such a situation, Exterminatus seemed to be the only viable option, but it has yet to be enacted. The stated reason is the difficulty of a fleet being able to safely launch a salvo of cyclonic torpedoes or virus bombs in such a heavily defended area, but I have uncovered another reason. Whenever the issue is brought up to debate, the representatives of the Adeptus Mechanicus consistently veto the action for unspecified reasons, once going so far as to threaten an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos! As if this were not enough, I have uncovered even more damning evidence about the Adeptus Mechanicus and these Orks.
    Supposedly, Chum was amongst the first Orks to lead raids into human-controlled areas when the Orks first emerged from the wilderness. During a particularly large offensive (see attached file: Battle of the Omnissah’s peak), an Adeptus Mechanicus research facility and the nearby city were overwhelmed by horde of Feral Orks lead by a Warboss confirmed to not be Chum. The defending PDF and Skitarii forces were wiped out to a man, with extremely high number of (approx. 80%) Ork casualties. What would normally be a pyrrhic victory turned into a disaster when it was learned that the Orks had completely ransacked and looted the research facility, even the hidden laboratories deep underground. Among the items lost was a prototype Skitarii training module. Worn on the head while the subject slept, this device was designed to boost metabolism, growth, and brain functions of the wearer. The end result would be a well trained and capable soldier created in under one Terran year. Combined with the enhanced cybernetics and advanced weaponry of the Skitarii legions, this device would make them much more efficient and easy to produce. The object itself is a large metal cylinder with one end open for the head to enter and a strap to secure the device to the wearer’s head. Its loss was devastating to the Adeptus Mechanicus, who had lost most of the schematics in the battle and those responsible for its creation were killed or have gone missing.
    Years later, a massive Waagh! erupted from all corners of the planet, engulfing Vrolk III in a green tide. The leader of this attack was confirmed to be the Warlord Chum we know today, but this was a different Ork: massive in stature, inhumanly strong, and with a brutal cunning that saw Imperial forces led by celebrated commanders outmaneuvered and easily crushed. One feature common to all accounts of the battle was Chum’s head gear: a metal cylinder with one end open perched precariously on his thick skull.
    This startling evidence shows that the Ork Chum had taken the Skitarii training module and after years of wearing it had grown larger, stronger, and more intelligent-making him the perfect Ork warlord. This is why the Adeptus Mechanicus refuses to allow the extermination of these Orks, to protect their invention from further harm. If this is the case, then these so-called adepts are very short-sighted indeed. These Orks are a growing threat and with encroaching swarms of the Tyranids, the rapidly expanding Tau Empire, and the many other forces assailing the Imperium, we simply do not have the resources to contain the Orks while the Adeptus Mechanicus attempt to recover this object that may no longer function or exist. What is one trinket versus the safety of an entire system and sub-sector-at-large? I pray this issue is resolved soon, but it is not my place to make judgments.
    Your Faithful Servant,
    +++end process+++
    +++connection terminated+++

And sum more,

+++Adeptus Mechanicus Scout Unit xxT12+++
    +++location: Vrolk III; Vrolk System; Aquinas Sub-Sector; Arete Sector; Ultimate Segmentum+++
    +++operations: surveillance+++
    +++audio-log begins+++
    "’Ey Boss, why do you keep wearin’ dat fing on yer ‘ead?"
    "You stupid git! Why do I ‘ave to ‘splain it to evry Ork in Da Bin!?"
    "Umm, yea?"
    +++screams and gunfire+++
    +++inaudible, adjusting receiver settings+++
    "…worfless squig-lovers, dem boyz always askin’ ‘bout me bukkit. I just likes to wear it iz all."
    +++spits into metallic container+++
    "I’z da biggest aroun’, so I’z do boss o’ ‘dis ‘ere Waagh! Ain’t no weedy boyz or grotz gonna steal me ‘elmet, I’ll make sure o’ ‘dat!"
    +++screeching metal, begin vid-log+++
    +++bucket skewered onto Ork’s horned headdress, subject identified as Warlord Chum "Big Boss Bukkit" [cross ref: Big Boss Bukkit]+++
    +++Warboss spites again, into…[cross ref: Skitarii prototype training module]+++
    +++establishing connection+++
    "’Ey! Wot’z dat fing?"
    +++illegal operation+++
    +++connection terminated+++
    +++system shutting down+++

Now dat you've seen 'dat, 'erez ==My== tentative 1000pt list of da Boyz.

HQ
    Big Boss Bukkit-choppa, kustom shoota (wif proppa kit to make it an assault weapon if possible) or big shoota, bionik bonce, big horns, frag stikkbomz, and anyfing else I might need
    Big Mek-choppa, big shoota, kustom force field
    Troops
    Slugga Boyz-20 boyz, 3 burnaz, Nob-power klaw, ? (da Mekboy joins dese boyz as dey run at da enemy)
    Slugga Boyz-20 boyz, 3 rokkitz, Nob-power klaw, ? (Bukkit joins dese boyz)
    Shoota Boyz-14 boyz, 3 big shoota, Nob-big shootaz, choppa, ?

Either:
    2 TL Rokkiy Buggiez
    Looted Basilisk-indirect fire
    Or:
    Looted Leman Russ-LC, HBs, ?

It totals aroun' 1000 points

I'z lookin' to make a fousan' points to start off and I ask you bigga and betta bosses for any advice on startin' a Waaagh! Paintin', convertin', buyin', playin', list-makin', and anyfing else you boyz can fink of.

Feel Da Power of Da Waaagh!

PS-If you can't understand any of this, then you aren't Orky enough

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Hey nifty, not a bad idea actually. A warboss boosted by imperial mind enhancements could cause quite a bit of damage. Welcome to the green by the way. Now for a couple list suggestions:

Well as much as armour may seem superfluous on the boss, I would suggest some 'eavy armour and maybe a cybork body. I'm also a huge fan of the choppa/klaw combo, nothing says splatterfest like picking up a few termies and throwing them around. (S10 can do that)

Other than that the list looks like it could be fairly solid (as solid as orks ever are). I would suggest grots but thats just for the cover save and the sheer amusement the little blighters bring me. (Hey, all 25 wiped out in one turn... Guess you marines really don't like runts...).

Anyway, enjoy da boyz I'm off to experiment with chaos.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Well actually, the enhancement module is just his spittle bucket, Big Boss Bukkit actually just wears a bucket on his head. This was hinted at in the 2nd story, maybe I should have made it a bit clearer:wacko:

I was considering Grotz, but since I already have the KFF I think Da Boyz will have enough protection. Plus, it saves ==Me== having to spend $40-ish on Gnoblars and round bases.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

I got that he used it as a spitton, I just figured wearing it on his head my accidentally cause a bit of enhancement.

I've always been fond of overprotecting my orks (yeah dere be 'ordes uf uz, but that don't mean we'ze feel loik 'etting shot up) So I have a potent grot wall and a pair of KFF's to help keep me boyz safe. It's amazing what a whole lot of 5+ inculverable saves can protect. It's hardly impossible to beat, but even saving 1/3 of the potential dead is a deal to me. 'Specially when da boyz is footsloggin'.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

+ Reply to Thread