twin flamers on a wraithlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twin flamers on a wraithlord

the twin flamers on a wraithlord came up in another topic, and i decided to post this question in a new topic as it would be kinda off topic in that post. Do two flamers on a wraithlord count as twin-linked? it says under options that any weapon chosen twice counts as twin-linked, but this is under a completely dfferent section than where the flamers are, i just assumed that it was just takling about the main weapons as its under the options heading. I've always assumed that they operated as two flamers, and no ones ever said anything about it. Other eldar players that play in my area use them like that too. Just wanted to see what ur oppinions were, as this just occured to me.

If the two flamers are twin-linked, does this mean that you re-roll missed wounds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xinsanityx View Post
    If the two flamers are twin-linked, does this mean that you re-roll missed wounds?
    Yes.

Twin-linking usually effects rolls to hit, but as Flamers automatically hit, you instead get to re-roll wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, flamers on a wraithlord are not twin linked since the codex explicitly states that you select two flamers and are not like the secondary heavy weapons which alone are referred to by the twin-linked rule.
    Quote (Under Options): If a duplicate weapon is chosen then they count as a single twin-linked weapon.
    This means only those items listed under options would be twin-linked.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I presume that means that you can either fire your two flamers OR your heavy weapons on combination of both... but only 2 weapons a turn still? Or do you get to fire all heavy weapons and flamers? (Sounds of people screaming <cheese> come to mind if this is the case!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystweaver View Post
    So I presume that means that you can either fire your two flamers OR your heavy weapons on combination of both... but only 2 weapons a turn still? Or do you get to fire all heavy weapons and flamers? (Sounds of people screaming <cheese> come to mind if this is the case!)
    Yup. Any 2 weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k thanks guys, i've been playing them as two flamers, but for a minute there i thought maybe they were twin linked

+ Reply to Thread