Magnet sizes for 'nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnet sizes for 'nids

I originally posted this in the modeling board, but since I havn't gotten a reply there in a couple days I figured I would ask here.

What size/shape/etc of REM magnets would you recommend for a Tyrant, 'fex, and possibly warriors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Khisanth Magus View Post
    I originally posted this in the modeling board, but since I havn't gotten a reply there in a couple days I figured I would ask here.

What size/shape/etc of REM magnets would you recommend for a Tyrant, 'fex, and possibly warriors?
    I think that most people use 5x1mm for monstrous creatures, but I personally think they are too big. I use 4x1mm, they are still strong enough and more discrete. They are also perfect for warriors, but I think they might be too big for gaunt-sized models.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have fitted several warriors and a fex with 1/8" (3mm) disc magnets ranging from 1/32, 1/25 to 1/16 thick. those are more then strong enough( fitted in both sides( watch the polarity)). the combination makes the joints strong enough to lift the whole model up by an arm or so, unless you used rocks as a base or so. and those are small enoegh to actually FIT into an armjoint.

I fitted a whole battleforce box with them. Even the gaunts ( with smallet 1/32" x 1/32" long ones).

You might argue about the use of fitting the gaunts but there are 2 reasons for:
    1 it was an order ( i have experience with magnets in my club. i use them a lot)
    2 costs of doing it was lower then getting more gaunts for the other options.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I used these (3x1 mm discs. Supports 370 g, but unfortunately they can rotate making the weapons slump down a bit). Works fine and have the right size. Have only considered to magnetize my TMCs and maybe the Warriors.
    {Sodcactus}
    Member of S.I.S.A
    Playing Tyranids (4500 p), Black Templars (3500 p) and Lizardmen (2500 p)
    Of course I have a blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered some 4mm x 1mm's, so I will try those first. If they arn't strong enough(they should be), it shouldn't be TOO hard to put in 1mm larger magnets. Guess we will find out when my nids arrive.

+ Reply to Thread