Need Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Advice

I'd like to beat my Brother but my army is really bad what do you think i should get next

What i have:

.Destroyers(3)
    .Necron Lord (1)
    .Destroyer lord ( not finished yet (1) )
    .10+ warriors cant remember :wacko:

P.S my bro is tyranids how do i beat him? ( ( ( ( (

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Get more warriors. The way i look at it is, the higher your total number of necrons, the more chance you have of winning. Especially if you have a lord with a resurrection orb.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Does he run a genestealer heavy list or gaunt mass or even a godzilla list?

Just as general advice-

More warriors, you can never not have enough warriors.

A monolith ruins a gaunt armie's day like no other (tyranid players actually cry vs monoliths sometimes).

The destroyer lord is not going to be much use (at best I see it hunting shooty fexes) but generally its not worth it vs nids.

3 destroyers isn't enough really, I would take a minimum of 4 (you actually don't need more than 1 squad unless you want to, but 4 vs nids is a must).

Cheap and nasty 1500 anti nid list -

Lord - res orb

10 warriors
    11 warriors
    11 warriors

4 destroyers
    3 destroyers

Monolith

The only thing nids have that really hurts this list (minus a genestealer horde, even though without cover stealers hosed) are zoanthropes (because of their 2+ save) and immortal fexes.

Played well you won't really need to worry about fexes (because they are slow) until the end of the game, where you unload your entire army into them.

The destroyers are on anti stealer duty (or if there are none) they help with gaunt thinning.

However a godzilla list will probably walk right over this, for that you need an entirely different army and tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being a tyranid and necron player i can tell you that i like to get in a nice comfortable spot (in cover if possible) nad start blazing away. concentrate on the little things first then when they are all but dead start whittling away at those fexes.
    i have lost number a fexes to necron lords and pariahs even waiths sometimes. just watch out for I5 hive tyrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellebore
    Necrons are giant hulking self-repairing robots running on subspace zeropoint superstring subatomic technorape energy. Somehow I reckon that would make you a little harder than a marine with crabs.

Hellebore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread