Have the fluff need the army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Have the fluff need the army

Hey everyone,

So I'm after some ideas for an army to use against a freind of mine. We are trying to get a campaign happening with his Templars taking on my Tau. So far things are all going well and our armies are quite nicely shooting each other to pieces in the name of the greater good and the expansion of the emperors glory and all that.

So for our next battle my freind had the idea of his marines ambushing an Air caste/pilots training base. I really like the idea of this, his 2000 or so points taking on about 1000 to 1500 pts of models with the idea that they are from the above ari caste training camp.

The only thing i need to do now is put together an army list that would really fit the bill. So i decided that maybe everyone out there could put their collective brains together and we could see what we come up with. It has to fit a normal force org chart, but has to be decidedly 'piloty'

I was thinking lots of pirahnas, lots of transports etc.

But what about an HQ, what elites. It's just got me thinking.

It isn't supposed to be "The best army in the world" its supposed to be fairly realistic of what you would find. So if they get slaughtered, thats just as great as if they slaughter.

Anyway, any ideas would be grateful.

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

All the air stuff is forge world. Barracudas are only heavy tho - I'd take 1 of those. A positional relay on a BS can get them in sooner. Then I'd take a Sky Ray since an airfield would probably have anti-air. It would be tough not to take a railgun tho - maybe XV88s as sentries/guards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Ahh, yeah, see i hadn't even thought of forge world stuff. A barracuda is great idea.

I figure it would have to be an Ethereal as the HQ, to me that makes most sense. Seeing as the base is going to be under attack i figure that he would have a full bodyguard, and then maybe put him in a warfish.

+ Reply to Thread