Ethernals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethernals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethernals

do Ethernals count as the cumpolsory HQ choice, or do you have to take a battlesuit? Im just asking because I went out and bought an Ethernal, and now I am being told I cant use it for my commander...

Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Ethernal? I may be mistaken when I say this but I think most tau codecies may be missing an entry if you have Ethernal's. Now Ethereal's, well sorry but your gonna have to take a commander first.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afraid you have to use a commander, hence the 1+ on it's description in the army list

Edit: gah, beat me to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for the mis-spelling. Thats great, I just blew 15 dollars for nothing then (
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Now thats not true,
    For starters, you have a HQ unit that you can use in games of warhammer 40k you just need to take a battlesuit as well as your ethereal.
    A lot of people on this list (myself included) are not big fans of the ethereal as a HQ choice, but having said that they are quite fun to play with, give you great fluff for your army etc. It is a tough model to play, because if he dies then your army pretty much all takes a test. But try him out and see what happens.

Second, you get to paint, model and create your own little Model, posed only the way you can pose it, painted only the way you would paint it. Ethereals are an integral part of the tau army. Just by having one i am sure that you will inspire your troops........even if that is from off the table.

Have fun

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, you just inspired me to keep the little bugger. I am wanting to do something original, and since most dont use Ethereals, I guess I can join that elite group XD

I just have a question related to Ethereals, is the honor blade upgrade worth it, I cant find what it is, as I only have a photocopy of the points of each unit, not what the weapons are, ect, so I am flying a little blind outside of what I learn reading the articles here, and since no one has made a ethereal article yet...i could us a little bit of help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Heh, elite group..you should try khornate tau I mean a farsight enclave that isn't built for only winning.

If I remember what the honour blades does correctly then I'd say its not worth it. I'd use an ethereal more to get a squad of firewarriors with better stats if I could use them in my hunter cadre...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

yeah, im part of that "elite" group of tau players that use an ethreal. but i only use him for my 1850+ armies cause i love a full squad of bs 4 fire warriors. and the honor blade is basically useless because if ur ethreal is in close combat it is screwed. and those points can be better used elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was stupid to say but, I think a squad of 12 fire honor guard and his etheral with a kroot hound could pretty well lead and advancing move and chase the ennemy back(against some IG, eldar, low save units). When you approach with your 12 shot str 5 pinnig(supported by some laser-tracker, sorry i didn't know the exact name in english), the ennemy think twice before searching trouble and staying close (exept if you try to charge something tougher). Well the kroot hound will do the hand to hand job after the ennemy ranks were softened by the honor guard. I think I will try this and give you news, it could be a nice new approach, my friend will say: charging TAU...original
    victory loves prudence
    -latin proverb-

the first thing a general need is luck, the second is how to use it
    -a young general-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

What is not!

First, let me say what an honour blade is NOT. Then you can buy the codex and make up your mind.
    An honour Blade Is Not;
    -A power weapon.
    -A heavy weapon.
    -A rending weapon.
    -A force weapon.
    If you thought It was any of these then you'll be sadly disapointed, the Ninja'O made quite a bit of confusion about the rules, but the Honour blade is perhaps the most misunderstood weapon the tau have thanks to him.
    An honour blade stops your Ethereal getting anouther attack for the chance to wound a marine on a 3+. Worth it?
    Or Not.

Hope I helped,
    Lucy
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast