Necron Lord Wargear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Necron Lord Wargear

I was just thinking about the post about how the Lord is a "horrible" HQ choice and that it was pointed out how the Lord is more of a support character. I find this a fitting role for the Lord myself, but his options for being outfitted for this role are very limiting.

Yes, he has a dozen options with which to equip himself, but what percentage of those are actually worth their points from a tactical perspective? A lot of them are great in concept but seem to fall short in application. Chrono, no worth it. dField, not worth it. dBody, great. GoF, cool but no good. LF, very limited use. NS, cool but no good. PS, great. Phylactery, not worth it. RO, godly. Solar Pulse, WTF, one use? VoD, awesome. Warscythe, great. From my perspective, five of those will see regular use while the rest will hardly, if ever, be used. Necron Wargear needs to be tweaked and I have a couple of suggestion.

My purpose for evening thinking about this was the idea of getting a C'Tan to the field more effectively and I thought, "Wargear!" From there I thought of ways to improve existing Wargear. And with this one change and addition, I see better tactical uses for most of the Lord Wargear.

Chronometron: Change to have the added benefit of giving the Lord and any unit he's joined Counter-attack and up the cost to 20pts. You can argue the cost I gave it, but it seems to fit the basic premise of this device described in the Codex.

Summoning Orb: A new device that would give the Necron Lord the ability to summon a C'Tan(must be held in reserve, even if reserve rules are not in play) to the battlefield, much like a Teleport Homer. 20pts would seem like a fair price for such a device. Having this ability would make some of the less desireable Wargear choices more so, in my opinion. If the Lord is lost before summoning, so is the C'Tan for determining VPs.

What do you all think of these concepts? Any other cool ideas?

Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Some good ideas but i'm feeling in a critical mood-

Chronometron: Change to have the added benefit of giving the Lord and any unit he's joined Counter-attack and up the cost to 20pts. You can argue the cost I gave it, but it seems to fit the basic premise of this device described in the Codex.
    Thats only going ot be worth it on a D lord who is with the scarab horde or wraiths.

Either way thats a pretty goddamn pricey lord.

OR a lord and pariahs use it. We all know how subpar pariahs are at the moment.

Summoning Orb: A new device that would give the Necron Lord the ability to summon a C'Tan(must be held in reserve, even if reserve rules are not in play) to the battlefield, much like a Teleport Homer. 20pts would seem like a fair price for such a device. Having this ability would make some of the less desireable Wargear choices more so, in my opinion. If the Lord is lost before summoning, so is the C'Tan for determining VPs
    However this is a great idea.

Question: will the C'tan be deepstriking in? Or will it be summoning as per daemons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    Some good ideas but i'm feeling in a critical mood-

Thats only going ot be worth it on a D lord who is with the scarab horde or wraiths.

Either way thats a pretty goddamn pricey lord.

OR a lord and pariahs use it. We all know how subpar pariahs are at the moment.
    It would also be useful if the Lord was attached to 20 Warriors. That way you can get everyone in the fray for more attacks.

Question: will the C'tan be deepstriking in? Or will it be summoning as per daemons?
    Summoning was a poor word, but the best I could come up with. That said, it would be a Deep Strike, like a squad of Termies on a Teleport Homer, with the whole 6" rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

It would also be useful if the Lord was attached to 20 Warriors. That way you can get everyone in the fray for more attacks.
    But it really wouldn't be worth it.

The disadvantage of CA is that you have to and for necrons thats a bad thing.

Either way I wouldn't use it with warriors.

Summoning was a poor word, but the best I could come up with. That said, it would be a Deep Strike, like a squad of Termies on a Teleport Homer, with the whole 6" rule.
    "Hello? is this Mr Nightbringer?"
    "Yes"
    "You feeling hungry? If so i've got take out"
    "be there in 5 mins"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

"Hello? is this Mr Nightbringer?"
    "Yes"
    "You feeling hungry? If so i've got take out"
    "be there in 5 mins"
    :lol:

Sounds about right. The Lord and the Necron force he leads are the harbingers of the C'Tan's arrival, their mission being: to lead the C'Tan to fresh souls to devour. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

The Lord and the Necron force he leads are the harbingers of the C'Tan's arrival, their mission being: to lead the C'Tan to fresh souls to devour.
    Its also kinda fluffy since the necrons are basically the C'tans farm labour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    I was just thinking about the post about how the Lord is a "horrible" HQ choice and that it was pointed out how the Lord is more of a support character...

Yes, he has a dozen options with which to equip himself, but what percentage of those are actually worth their points from a tactical perspective?

actually, id rather pay the extra 5pts on top of ur suggested chrono to instead get gaze of flame and normal chronometron... i use both of these item to GREAT effect, and never leave them at home, ever! the negative attacks to my enemy is of greater benefit to me than counter attack, as Outsider said, i think CA on Necrons is a bad thing and with crap Inititive, chrono is quite a handy item.

and i need to vouch for solar pulse, it is hard to use effectively, because it depends on terrain- works well with veil down a table edge, maybe midgame when the opponent wastes firepower nightfighting the veil lord and you can slap them with ur army up close and personal like! but, as you said, it really sucks as a one use item. if it had the one use removed, im sure everyone would see it regularly:shifty:

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    Summoning Orb: A new device that would give the Necron Lord the ability to summon a C'Tan(must be held in reserve, even if reserve rules are not in play) to the battlefield, much like a Teleport Homer.
    The Necrons new Grail item!!! i think DS sounds good, a daemon-like summoning is way too powerful:p this would make the Ctan so much more potent, especially Deciever bcoz movement... DS and hit+run through the battle line... nasty!

i like it alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Well, one of the other things I want to get from this brainstorm is a way to incorporate some of the basic special rules into the Necron army, Furious Assault, Counter-attack, Tank Hunters, whatever it may be, in a fluffy manner. Necron "troops"(this term is under fire a lot lately) are essentially exempt from variation. And since the Lord is the ultimate support HQ and the one with the most options, it stands that this is the means to achieve a bit more variety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

ahh! im glad to see my thread has had some repurcussions! Tweaking the wargear is a great idea!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    ahh! im glad to see my thread has had some repurcussions! Tweaking the wargear is a great idea!
    Yeah, if the Necron Lord is a support character, it should have a wider variety of ways to support the Necron force. Most armies feature an RO, VoD, dBody, WS, and/or PS. That's only 5 pieces of the mere 12 Wargear options that are regularly used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast