Librarium Online Forums banner

Jetbike Question

507 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bungeh 
#1 ·
Hi all, as a new 40k player, I've been reading these forums a lot and have found them very helpful regarding rules, etc. But, reading the latest tacticia article on the front page, this seems to go against the DE codex:

In 3rd edition, a character on a bike was required to have one hand free to drive the bike. This rule was stated in the bike and jetbike section of the 3rd edition rulebook. [...]
This is not the case in 4th edition.

Biker and Jet bike rules no longer incorporate this. Aside from the point cost, there is no negative to mounting your precious HQ on a bike.
The DE wargear section clearly says only one weapon, but I realise that was written under 3rd ed. Is this a case of the new rules over-riding the old codex?

#2 ·
Hi all, as a new 40k player, I've been reading these forums a lot and have found them very helpful regarding rules, etc. But, reading the latest tacticia article on the front page, this seems to go against the DE codex:

The DE wargear section clearly says only one weapon, but I realise that was written under 3rd ed. Is this a case of the new rules over-riding the old codex?
If I understand your question correctly, anyone on a jetbike can only have one weapon in hand and it cant be two handed. Meaning agoniseer is fine but punisher is not. This goes for everyone, succubus, lord and everyone else with a jetbike.

#6 ·

Hi,
I can’t seem to find the exact quote you are refering to in the Tactica (probaly because I haven't looked hard enough) but your absolute gospel on all this is the Wargear book under the Reaver Jet Bike entry. This publication is the most current of them all for Dark Eldar, and it states only one handed weapons are allowed because you need the other to operate the bike, well that makes good sense.
And on the fluff side a two handed weapon would over power the unit.
That’s the solution for the type of weapon to you can use but you can actually choose to take on the Succbus only more than one single handed weapon selected from the armoury. For example – an Agoniser and a power weapon could be chosen but you will have to pick which one to use for each combat turn taken.
So you could have –
Reaver Jet Bike Succubus
Agoniser +Power weapon
Reaver Jetbike armed with either a splinter rifle, shredder or blaster.
The close combat weapon choice is a decision that you can make each turn but the shooting weapon choice is decided before the game starts.
Hope that helps, Cheers.

#7 ·
From the Tactitia:

In 3rd edition, a character on a bike was required to have one hand free to drive the bike. This rule was stated in the bike and jetbike section of the 3rd edition rulebook. What this meant was that most characters had to do without the extra attack from a close combat weapon if they wanted to ride a bike.

This is not the case in 4th edition.
I've always played it the way wickywacky said, and it certainly makes the most sense to me... seems a little much to expect your succubus to fight with both hands AND jet around, but that's not what the tactitia says *shrug*.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.