Rule Check - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rule Check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rule Check

Ok 2 questions I could do with answers for (please)

Guass Weapons, is the '6' for glancing hits and automatic wounds counted in CC?
    i.e. Do Guass weapons get their effect in CC as well as shooting??

Say an Enemy Termy has 3 attacks 1 of which is a power fist, is his strength doubled for all his attacks or just the power fist?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strength in numbers for each CC round is calculated at the begining of the round. If at the begining of the CC the opponent has 6 models and you kill one, he now has 5, has lost 1 wound for purposes of determining who wins the CC. So, no the 'gauss' effect does not count for purposes of determining who wins cc.

A powerfist wielding models, who is using the powerfist this round, doubles the strength of all attacks. A terminator has 2 options, attack at I4 with his normal hands (base str, # attacks + cc weapon etc) or at attacking at I1 with his powerfist (power weapon, doubles str). Each terminator has the option so some could go one way while others go last. However he has to decide at the beginning of the CC which he is doing. And yes there will be times when you want to a be a termie going at I4 with a normal attacks....its rare but it happens.

EH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Homer View Post
    The strength in numbers for each CC round is calculated at the begining of the round. If at the begining of the CC the opponent has 6 models and you kill one, he now has 5, has lost 1 wound for purposes of determining who wins the CC. So, no the 'gauss' effect does not count for purposes of determining who wins cc.
    WTC?!! What was all that exposition at the beginning?

Draago, don't worry about the first part of that paragraph, the answer is the last sentence. I think EH is having a little fun. Powerfist answer is accurate, though. Only one type of attack may be used, either all PF attacks or all standard attacks at Initiative.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Draago,

gauss weapons count as normal close combat weapons in close combat.
    There is a way to get the gauss effect on CC attacks - which is invariably disruption fields.

The only difference being the leader man's staff of light, and also the pariah's warscythe.

PLEASE NOTE, because the Lord can't afford good batteries his warscythe DOES NOT shoot like the pariahs' (who are very particular with their rechargeables).

I accept no liability for mistaken fluff.
    Last edited by Karmoon; February 16th, 2007 at 03:51.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Okay, the waters are getting pretty muddled on the whole rolling 6s, so let me clarify:

Gauss Weapon
    - There are no automatic wounds of any type, in shooting or CC. On the roll to wound, from shooting only, a roll of 6 causes a wound no matter the T, armor saves apply as normal.

- Gauss has no application, whatsoever, in CC.

- A roll on 6 for Armor Penetration causes a glancing hit no matter what, unless the roll actually beats the AV, in which case it is a penetrating hit instead.

Staff of Light
    - SoL is merely a power weapon with a ranged weapon attached and the Gauss rule doesn't apply, in this case, for shooting.

dFields
    - A roll on 6 for Armor Penetration causes a glancing hit no matter what, unless the roll actually beats the AV, in which case it is a penetrating hit instead. (Same as Gauss rule)

- Has no effect on infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I needed to know is would I get the glancing hit on a 6 if CC with a vehical lol

Well thats answered so thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Draago View Post
    Guass Weapons, is the '6' for glancing hits and automatic wounds counted in CC?
    i.e. Do Guass weapons get their effect in CC as well as shooting??
    I think the confusion came from your use of the word "wound", as that applies to infantry. Armor Penetration is what applies to vehicles.

+ Reply to Thread