Librarium Online Forums banner

Tetras

904 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Shasolenzabi 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick thread to see if anyone has used the Forge World Tetra in their lists? How did you get on with them? What are the advantage/disadvantages of them?

Thanks

#3 ·
I agree!

Tetras are a great source of mobile markerlights. Better than skyrays IMO, but it is a shame they are not tourney legal.

Using them basically means you are using mech Tau mobile tactics. FoF and hammerheads, as well as Piranhas can redeploy quickly, and having ML's that can keep up is rather nice.
Tetras are great for a mobile mech tactic. Awesome ML-ability. There are downsides.

1) Not Tourney Legal!
2) Because they are 'different' people fear them and end up killing them faster!
3) Red is an ugly color!

Other than that, I like them better than some of the units available. I still wouldn't play my competative army with them though.

Don't forget to eat more fish!

#4 ·
It is worth pointing out that Jon and I are looking at putting together Tau forces for a Campaign weekend at warhammer world in the future sometime, these mean that forgeworld stuff is legal, that the games are about fun and that army sizes will probably be 750, 1500 and 2250.

How does that revise your comments?

#9 ·
Gotta admit - the red being an ugly colour gags were totally lost on me....

Thanks for your answer Prometheus - I think Chered is already convinced of their usefulness, but I'm thinking he may be right - especially as my 8 man pathfinder squad and devilfish is so much more expensive!

Thanks everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.