New Tyranid Species - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we all know how Tyranids are constantly evolving. Looking at new prey types and analysing their DNA for weaknesses, they can exploit. and strengths they can gain.

Well my question is will GW make new Tyranid creatures that would've evolved from Tau , kroot (kroot+krootox+kroothound) and even necron DNA. wether they be made into a chapter approved or be incorperated into the new codex.

How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

"Quantity has a Quality of it's own"

-Josef Stalin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Necrons even have DNA? I mean come on, they're metal! Pffff, who wants kroot DNA, my swarm of gaunts or genestealers would rip them to shreads. I dont think that GW is going to make another useable and a major impact to the Tyranids speices for a while. Although I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while they could make new species the most likely wont for some time maybe around the 5th edition if they have one that is also Kroot are kinda special I don't think nids could get a really good DNA structure from them cause the Kroot eat what they want to evolve into so it would be diffrent for each thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Kroot DNA could be used to make a 0-1 gaunt unit that can have more than the normal amount of mutiers in it due to the unstable DNA of the Kroot.
    An ethral could crate some sort of mega synaps creature, 24'' range or somthing.
    Necrons would not give up any DNA as they have no living flesh.
    I think its possable but GW wont do it unless they want to suprize us with a white dwarf listing.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats not true Necrons do have DNA its just that the nids they can&#39;t harvest it because they don&#39;t understand metal, however I think that rumor of where on of the C&#39;Tans made the Tyranids out in the galaxy the outrider I think it was or something like that when he went crazy, but its just a rumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I don&#39;t think the Tau have any particular traits desirable for tyranids. Ethereals might...

Necrons have no DNA to acquire. If there is something biological in the Necrons, the Tyranids can take it and use it, as long as the body doesn&#39;t warp back to the Tomb. It&#39;s just a shell to be cracked, just like Terminators, Crisis suits and armoured vehicles.

Kroots? Kroots could be fun, what with the exceedingly adaptable Kroot DNA... Tastes like chicken&#33;

The rumoured Demiurg? Don&#39;t know enough of them, but if they are the replacement for Squats, they might be Tough enough to warrant devouring.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a &#39;nid eating a Kroot, or vice versa, could spell disaster for one or both races, but in particular the Kroot, who might risk infestation by the hive mind. I don&#39;t think the nids would get anything out of eating a genetically mutable species.

As to the Tau, there&#39;s not much there to interest the nids, except for the Ethereal&#39;s mysterious control mechanism, and we can&#39;t be sure that that&#39;s actually genetic, and if it is genetic, is it an ethereal trait allowing them to dominate their brethren, or is it a tau trait that makes them easily herded?

In any event, since the hive mind already controls its broods, and There&#39;s no suggestion the Ethereals can control non-tau, there doesn&#39;t seem much point. If the &#39;nids could evolve a creature that could use the hive mind plus the ethereal genetic material to mind control Tau on the battlefield, that could be interesting, but hardly worth the trouble given the small number of Tau planets. Just eat them all, it&#39;s easier.

And as for the Necrons, don&#39;t be silly. There&#39;s no biological material on a necron to ingest, except for Pariahs - and surely the hive mind is smart enough to avoid the pariah genes like the plague they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t know I am sure the Hive has tried to do all this stuff but it either failed with a non sucssefull hybrid or there is just no record of it yet, so who knows maybe in the next campaign if its Nid and Crons like i have been hearing we will get some new stuff but you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean Kroot DNA Sucks&#33;&#33;&#33;???????????????? <_<

Do you know the posibilities of new Tyranid Types from just the Kroot.

ie- new flyers from Vulture Kroot, new troops from Carnivore Kroot, Tough stuff from Kroot ox, fast stuff from Kroot hounds, highly poisonous stuff from the ones that spit poison (cant remember their names)

Anyway the mutable genus of the Kroot shouldent be a problem as the Tyranids will find a way to solve that problem,

For some reason they made a SHOOTING CREATURE OUT OF ORK DNA :lol: , even though Orks are about as Close combat oreintated as Tyranids, maybe even more so.

Using this logic a Tau DNA creature should be some sort of close combat monster that rips up anything in combat (even a C&#39;Tan ), but thats just my opinion .
    How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy&#39;s
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

&quot;Quantity has a Quality of it&#39;s own&quot;

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be possible that necron DNA was used in OOE but I dont know tyranid fluff so....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast