Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators

Hi all.

I've been playing my ork army against my Ultramarine playing friend and convincingly beating him. - Due to my looted Leman Russ and Burnas against his expensive vehicles.
    But the last time we played he completely changed his tatics and deployed assault marines and close combat Terminators, whilst I won in the end it came down to pretty much a one on one fight between commanders - not ideal.

Obviously with their 2+ save, shooting at the terminators is pointless you need a 5 to hit another 5 to wound and he saves on anything but a 1. I eventually dispatched them with my last squad (shoota boyz) containing a burna, a nob with a choppa and my warboss with his uge choppa but i needed the rest of the squad to soak up the wounds.

Does anyone have a better way of fighting terminators cause I happen to know he has another squad half painted.

cheers Tartanjakey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Termies are easy.

Lots of slugga boys, the choppa will reduce his 2+ save to a 4+. (truck boyz will get there quicker) 20 boyz on the charge gives them 60 attacks on a squad of say 5 termies thats 12 chops a piece!!! SM= 210pts Boyz = 180pts:yes:

Warboss and Nob's with powerclaws will chew through their armour. Lose the 'Uge Choppa.

Then there's the Killa Kan option. Burner or rokkits and claws.:rolleyes:

Another tactic that would really annoy him would be to mob them with a unit 20 - 30 grotz, this will tie him up.

Don't forget to use the Waaaaaaghhhhhh!!!!

Try some skirmishes on your own using proxy models to see what you like best.

You should wait until your friend has all his Termies ready and on the battlefield, the supprise him when your basic boyz chop 'em up.

SM players deserve to have their butts kicked.:yes:
    Last edited by BigBaddad; February 19th, 2007 at 13:00.
    Mmmmmm.....cheese!
    <P>

You smile because I'm different........I laugh because you're all the same!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Simply take a big mob of sluggaboyz or even more dangerous skarboyz, they'll often strike at the same time as the terminators but they all pack a lot more heavy ccw attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give a warboss a 'uge choppa! It's the worst CC weapon we have! go for a normal choppa, STR5 and striking before termies is a must, with the power of the waaagh! you'll be striking before everything.

and versus marines, give nobs power klaws. this is a must.

and if you can get burna boyz into combat with termies, they're really screwed, so try it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Nobs with Choppas

As an Ork player my eyes light up the minute I see terminators. Storm boys with Zaggstrukk are excellent. Take a big unit of 20 as your unit auto Waaghs then with the +1 from Zaggstrukk your at str 4. Hitting on vs 4's and wounding on 4's reducing their save to 4+ works every time

For cheaper options regular old slugga boys work fine and are exellent as their are 1/4 the cost of a terminator.
    Last edited by MouseC112; February 19th, 2007 at 15:46. Reason: addition info
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trukk boys are what really works best in my opinion. can move them fast enough so they cant just dance in assault cannon and SB range, but out of charge range. and with trukk boys, they can get behind cover and not get taken apart by the rest of the guns in the army. Sluggas would work against assault termies, just make sure you have a large enough mob to take on the lightning claws. but if you pass waaagh and attack at the same time, should take them out little to no problem. use the russ against the assault marines, combined with shootas shooting them, and they should go down before the can do any damage, or have so few numbers that they just get killed in cc when they charge. if he decides to use a land raider to transport his AT's then either get every gun with enough S to hurt it, or if you have it, use a Zzap gun to kill it. thats my personal recommendation, with two or three of those babys, that land raider will die in 2 turns max. when its destroyed, and the termies are entangled, charge and destroy.

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace the battlecannon on your Leman Russ with a shorter and fatter gunbarrel - voila, a Leman Russ Demolisher! As well as being better at blowing open Landraiders, the enhanced AP of your new plastic pie plate of doom means even his Terminators don't get an armour save.

Kustom Mega Blastas are also good against Termies (again no save), but are a bit risky. You could give one to the meks leading your burna mobs, or go for a Bigmek Blasta Gang -a Bigmek and 3-4 Mekboys, all armed with Mega blastas and ammo runts (for re-rolling misses) You would have to improvise the figures a bit, but any improbably large gun glued onto the figure can be used to represent a Mega Blasta.

If you have the figures, try mobbing the Terminators with a huge mob of grots. If you are lucky with the morale rolls you can tie them up in close combat the entire game. You also get to laugh if you get lucky and a 50+ point terminator is taken out by a grot armed with a pointy stick.
    If you drop a shell on your foot an it don't urt, your shoota aint big enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

SLUGGA BOYZ!! They are great against termis, why? Well they reduse the save to that of carapace armour. So flood them with Boyz!
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're all forgetting..

90% of the time, you'll get all your attacks in before even ONE termy has fought back..
    Most termies (sarge asside) have powerfists, meaning they go last.
    Even without the waagh you're getting your full number of attacks in making him make 15-20 4+ saves on 5 models..before he has a chance to get rid of even ONE boy.

so yeah..slugga the hell outa those things..

a 5 man termie squad can shoot 14 shots at your boys per turn...not all will hit..not all will wound...and even a FEW might get saved...meaning you're pretty good off with 30 even if you run headlong at them (which i don't sudgest doing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, basically what everyone else is saying. Burnas are fun, but they never come in high enough quantity, so most of the damage is always done by the butt-load of choppas next to them. Also consider swapping that Leman Russ for a bassy. S9 AP2 ruins a marine's day every time. One good hit can reduce that termi squad to one or two guys in one turn.
    God and the soldier, we adore
    In times of War, and then no more.
    For when the war is ended, and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the old soldier slighted.

[Avatar in Memory of Baker, happiest rat in the world. RIP.]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast