Demon bomb Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demon bomb Advice

how do you over come a demon bomb list at 1850 pts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

How is he Daemon Bombing you? What kind of entry point is he using? A Sirened Lord, or Deep Striking + Siren, or Turbo-boosting bikes? Lots of small, yet hard to kill, units?

In all cases but the last, the answer is pretty simple for Necrons. Wraiths, Scarabs, and/or Destroyers. Simply turbo-boost and surround the Icon bearer. Try to make a huge wall of metal, so that when the daemons arrive, their template lands on your units, which will instantly destroy the models as they come out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I would have thought 'Crons would have a pretty 'easy' ride against a Daemon bomb, because of all the exciting ways of getting out of combat you have. VoD, Monoliths, you name it...
    If you have to, pull units out one at a time, and concentrate all fire on the daemons left stranded until they're dead.

If there are too many squads of daemons for you to completely disengage, then try swamping them with scarab swarms, which should tie them up for long enough to let you deal with whatever else is going on.

'Course, that's all based on speculation, I don't have much experience vs. daemon bombs, and I don't play 'crons... Good luck anyway

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deamon Bomb

First , sorry about the briefness of my first post, My friend plays basically a Demon bomb list I have not tried many times against it but his list usually comprises of a blood thirster, demon prince, 3 elite squads and demons and demonett es as troops. and all have a fleet movement. and demons deep strike in. Usually they Deepstrike with in cc range. This is what my list usually contains:
    Hq
    Necron lord res.orb, warsythe, V.O.D ..............210pts
    Necron lord res. orb, destroyer body,warsythe.phylactery..................195pts

Elites

Immortals X 10................280pts

Troops
    necron warriors x10..............180pts
    necron Warriors x10............180 pts
    necron warriors x10.............180pts

Fast Attack
    destroyers x4.............200pts
    destroyers x4.............200pts
    scarab swarm x3 ........36pts

heavy

monolith......235pts
    tomb spyders X2...........110pts
    we were playing 2000 pts. and we were both I think a few points over on the list.

I have in addition to this list :
    4x pariah
    10x flayed ones
    20x warriors
    2 Heavy destroyers
    6 wraiths
    and pretty much unlimited scarabs at my disposal.
    my tactics usually involve the typical phalanx but I try to keep my destroyers at range and make use of their Gauss cannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably be facing a demon bomb in a few days as well (1700 pts, turbo-boosting lord) so I've been trying to work on what I'm going to use against it. That scarab minefield seems like a great idea, but does anyone think it would be worth it to have a lord with a nightmare shroud backed by a few pariahs to help eliminate the demons? Possibly forcing them to take two instability tests at ld 7 seems like an interesting idea, but I don't know how truly viable it will be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Also remember, when daemons fail their leadership, they don't fall back, rather, they lose models equal to their dice roll minus their leadership.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely use Pariahs and give your Lord a Nightmare Shroud. This Combo messes up Demon Bombs pretty bad.
    Pair this with the Deceiver and have fun.

Although this is debatable since I don't know the exact spelling of the english rules, Flayed Ones can cause demon Bombs much pain too. Why? Because the Demons need to take a Instability test when they assault FOs (or are assaulted). Like I said, I'M not sure about this, but this is how it works in the german Translation of the rules.

Phantoms work fine too, since they are able to strike first at any demon units they encounter. Use them to intercept small Units.

Use your Monolith to block the way of incoming units, since almost nothing in a Demon Bomb List can effectively damage it. Scarabs can tie up those nasty demons too. You'll need more than 3 bases, though.

Finally, Heavy Destroyers are way too cool against Demon Princes. Instakill, unless he got a Rune
    Not in my game you won't!!

+ Reply to Thread