Orks vs. Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks vs. Necrons

I'm a necron player, that as part of a small group of guys seems to consistantly win...I play mostly against an ork player and was wondering if anyone could possibly give me some general pointers to pass on to him. I don't really want to lose to orks (haha), but I also do not wish for my buddy to get discouraged with an army than I am very sure has the potential for victory. Open to suggestions...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

well, what style of orks does he play? Footslogged, Feral, or Speedfreeks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, from what I can recall he basically fields a footslogger army with some armor thrown in...I believe a looted Demolisher, a kannon battery, lobba battery, and some warbikes. I told him that he needed some trukks so he could get his guys into assault faster since that's what pretty much everyone has told me so far is the only thing that works. I'm not sure he really wants to field a speed army though and was wondering if there's another tactic that would work out for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Trukks vs necrons

Trukks vs Necrons does not bode well for Ork players. The main problem is ALL of your guns will glance it on a 6. While trukks are great they are basically made of paper. Orks charge with a trukk is 12+1 (red paint job), deploy 2, assault 6, basically a 18-19 assault range. Unless your really good with terrain, most likely the trukk blows up on turn 2 and the boys have to walk, plus you can only take mobs of 10 in trukks which still makes it a little rough vs Necrons who can field squads of 20 right?

My advice is 1 big mob of Storm Boys.. a mob of 20 orks with jump packs. Adding in the Special character Zagstrukk it has a 24 inch charge range. When you deploy you put a piece of woods in the middle of each deployment zone. You deploy in the woods and dive on out on turn 1. Even if you only get 1 boy in there your in combat and will probably win the first round and pile in on round 2.

Orks are also great for making cheap mobile terrain with wartrakks/buggies. The way you do it you take the Buggies and move them forward shooting at Destroyers with the Str 8 AP3 rokkits which auto kill. The 2nd use is to position them so that when they get blown up they create terrain. The terrain actually is a size 2/size of the vehicle which blocks line of sight to Ork squads thus reducing casaulties. I use 3 buggies that come all the way forward on turn 1 against every opponent to block off a shooting lane against my boys that way they actually have a mobile piece of terrain.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advice on the mobile terrain but a S8 AP3 rokkit does not instakill a destroyer, as they are T5. I play Orks and Necrons and I can tell you that until the new codex comes out, it's tough to win with footsloggers, especially against necrons. I have 8 wartrukks in my Speedfreeks list, 5 filled w/ Trukkboyz, 3 w/ Skarboyz. I also have 3 Rokkit traks, 3 Deth Koptas, a looted Basilisk and a Battlewagon in 2k. The key is careful terrain usage. Even if half of my trukks get blown to hell, that's still 40 boyz in combat on turn 2.

However.......if he doesn't want to play freeks, I would suggest taking a looted Basilisk, lots of rokkit buggies to be used as mobile cover as the previous poster outlined, and LOTS of boyz. I would even suggest forgoing the use of heavy weapons in this case to cram in more boyz. The points for 3 big shootas or burnas or rokkits could be 2-3 more boyz per squad. Besides, with WBB, and BS2 they're not going to contribute a whole lot. LARGE squads, 20 minimum. And always a Nob with Klaw. I hope I was of some help. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, this all sounds really great and I will definitely pass it on to my buddy. I'll keep posted on how well he does...

+ Reply to Thread