hey! im gonna jump the "i need advice" band wagon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

hey! im gonna jump the "i need advice" band wagon

Hey! so yeah, im just adding on to our what it appears to be advice forum. My friend, a Tau player, has basically got my army figured out. He knows exactly what he needs to do, and how to counter everything. He plays heavy hammer heads and battlesuits to stay outta range so i can never hit him back. so, im just looking for some advice.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

And what does your typical list look like?
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

i ususally do 30 warriors, 3 wraiths, 4 destroyers, lord with res and viel, maybe 8 immortals or ill swap that with a monlith. sometimes ill switch it up with 8 scarab swarms to tye things down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played Tau today at my GW

I found the best way was to remain in cover (or better yet HIDE so they cant target you) - they then come to you

Or use the old cheap nasty Necron trick of Deep Striking the Monalith with a group of Immortals right into their lines to take out the big guns first - as well as Veiling your WarScythed Lord to take out his Lord

--- Though I found that the C'Tan Nightbringer to be soooo much more effective (mine managed to wipe out 4x Battle Suites, 2x 10 Man Infantry (forgot names lol) and Kroot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont advise monolith or c'tan especially if they are a heavy suits/hammerhead army. they are just a big target that reads "shoot me with a railgun"

veil works well to get up close and snipe off some suits or blow the gun off the hammerhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellebore
    Necrons are giant hulking self-repairing robots running on subspace zeropoint superstring subatomic technorape energy. Somehow I reckon that would make you a little harder than a marine with crabs.

Hellebore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is he tailoring his list to destroy you or is this his normal force?

If he's tailoring it, then he's just a power gaming troll and you must beat him at his own game (imo).

If it's his normal list that he may use in a tournament, then you need to work on you tactics/strategems.

I know a monolith will attract plenty of firepower, but that's what it's there for (sometimes). Also even though there's rail guns, doesn't mean that they'll kill it. Also if you DS it, then there is a good chance that there will be less to shoot at it.

VoDing may and may not be good, you can lose a whole squad that way. I like to take the chances, but that's me and I'm generally luckier than most with the scatter...

As was said, cover is your friend. Necrons are a great defensive force, let them come to you.

Wraiths decimate fire warriors, charge them asap. They can glance the skimmers (if you're luckier than shooting at them).

Good luck and hope that helps.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

Id like to say he's tailoring, as it is a army he uses just to beat me, but i might just be kidding myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i would use wraiths for taking out really thing but kroot since they are the only CC thing that the tau have really... and the VOD works really well if you give your self plenty of room to scatter in and still have the 24" range for the imortals.. it works well if you kill off enough fire warriors ehhehehe also if he uses an Ethiral kill him asap cause they will have to take a Moral test and could run off the table hehehe
    Hurdle The Weak
    Trample The Dead!-Thorin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

Yeah, but remember hes tailoring, and hes not an idiot. So no eatheral, and everytime ive vod'd with the imortals or a squad of warriors, they completely anhilate one unit, andthen the next turn fail thier leadership test in the face of so much fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    i ususally do 30 warriors, 3 wraiths, 4 destroyers, lord with res and viel, maybe 8 immortals or ill swap that with a monlith. sometimes ill switch it up with 8 scarab swarms to tye things down
    You shouldn't have that many problems getting to him, what size board are you playing on? With 4 destoryers you should be able to get shooting at his hammerhead or battle suits on the first turn. I would but how would infiltranting flayed ones or use them with the veil work. Than if your in combat with his squads of what ever he can't shoot you. And you should ripp though tau in cc pretty easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast