Grot army help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grot army help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grot army help

I've just started planning my grot army and I thought instead of basing it on the imperial guard list or something like that I'd write a whole grot codex!

HQ

Weapons- The head honcho is armed with a grot blasta and a close combat weapon

Character- Unless accompanied by a bodyguard, the Head Honcho counts as an independent character.
    Options- The head honcho may take up to 50 points of war gear

Body Guard- The Head Honcho may be accompanied by a retinue of between 5 and 19 Grots armed with Grot blastas and close combat weapons. Up to two Grots may be upgraded to tekkies and up to two may be upgraded to honchos. One grot may select a banner. Two grots may select a Grot shoota at 3pts or a grenade launcher at 5 pts, one pair Grots may be armed with a big shoota at 5pts, a torcha at 5pts or a rocket launcher at 5pts. The entire squad may be armed with frag bombz at the cost of 1pt per model. Every model in the mob is equipped with light armour which is included in the points cost and stats

HQ

Head Honcho: Pts:25 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:8 Sv:5+

Weapons- The head honcho is armed with a grot blasta and a close combat weapon

Character- Unless accompanied by a bodyguard, the Head Honcho counts as an independent character.

Options- The head honcho may take up to 50 points of war gear

Body Guard- The Head Honcho may be accompanied by a retinue of between 5 and 19 Grots armed with Grot blastas and close combat weapons. Up to two Grots may be upgraded to tekkies and up to two may be upgraded to honchos. One grot may select a banner. Two grots may select a Grot shoota at 3pts or a grenade launcher at 5 pts, one pair Grots may be armed with a big shoota at 5pts, a torcha at 5pts or a rocket launcher at 5pts. The entire squad may be armed with frag bombz at the cost of 1pt per model. Every model in the mob is equipped with light armour which is included in the points cost and stats.

Bodyguard

Honcho: Pts:12 WS:3 BS:3 S:2 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:7 Sv:5+
    Tekkie: Pts:12 WS:3 BS:3 S:2 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:7 Sv:5+
    Grot: Pts:8 WS:2 BS:2 S:2 T:2 W:1 I:2 A:1 Ld:6 Sv:5+

Options- The Honchos may take up to 30pts worth of war gear

Tekkies- Tekkies may take up to 20pts worth of war gear

The entire mob may take a trukk as transport

Elites

Veterarn Grot: Pts:10 WS:3 BS:3 S:2 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:7 Sv:5+
    Veterarn Honcho:+3 Pts:3 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:8 Sv:5+

Mob- The mob consists of one between 10 and 40 grots

Weapons- The grots are armed with Grot Choppas and a Betta Blastas

Options- one in every 6 models in the mob can be armed with an Grot shoota at 3pts or a grenade launcher at 5pts, in addition two pairs of models my be armed with a big shoota at 5pts, a torcha at 5pts or a rocket launcher at 5pts. The entire mob may be equipped with frag bombz at 1 pt per model or
    Krak bombz at 2pts per model. Very model in the mob may select 20 points worth of war gear

Banna Wava- one grot may be upgraded to a banna wava at +10pts, any mob containing a banna wava has its leadership increased by 1. The banna adds 1 to the users strength. The banna Wava is armed with a Betta Blasta.
    Character- The Head honcho wears light armour and is armed with a grot Choppa and a Betta Blasta weapon, he may select up to 30pts of war gear

Transport- The grots may be mounted in a Trukk

Troops

Grot: Pts:4 WS:2 BS:2 S:2 T:2 W:1 I:2 A:1 Ld:6 Sv:-
    Honcho: Pts:+6 WS:3 BS:2 S:2 T:3 W:2 I:2 A:2 Ld:7 Sv:5+

Mob- The mob consists of one between 10 and 40 grots

Weapons- The grots are armed with Grot blastas and a close combat weapon
    Options- one in every 10 models in the mob can be armed with an Grot shoota at 3pts, a grenade launcher at 5pts or a Melta torch at 7pts, in addition two pairs of models my be armed with a big shoota at 5pts, a torcha at 5pts or a rocket launcher at 5pts. The entire mob may be equipped with

frag bombz at 1 pt per model or Krak bombz at 2pts per model.

Banna Wava- one grot may be upgraded to a banna wava at +10pts, any mob containing a banna wava has its leadership increased by 1. The banna adds 1 to the users strength. The banna Wava is armed with the banner and a Grot Blasta

Character- The Head honcho wears light armour and is armed with a grot blasta and a close combat weapon, he may select up to 20pts of war gear

Transport- The grots may be mounted in a Trukk

Armoury

Grot choppa- A grot choppa adds one to the grots strength

Heavy weapons- since all grots are so small and heavy weapon selected for grots requires two grots to use it taking up two members of the squad.

Kustom blasta- A grot mechanic loves to tinker, a kustom blasta has strength 4 and a range of 24” and even gives the weapon an armour piercing! this upgrade costs 5 pts.

Frag bombz- count as frag grenades, if one model in a squad can take frag bombz then the whole squad may at 1 pt per model.

Krak bombz- count as Krak grenades, if one model in a squad can take frag bombz then the whole squad may at 2pts per model.

Bolt Pistol- Any model with access to the armoury may take a bolt pistol at 2pts

Light armour- Gives a 5+ save for 5pts

Heavy armour- Gives the wearer a 4+ save for 7 pts

Force field- Gives all models within 6” a 5+ invulnerable save and vehicles count as hull down for 15pts *

Power Klaw-power klaw doubles users strength to a maximum of 10 and ignores armour saves, always striker last, this upgrade costs 15pts

Banna- the banna is a symbol to grots and stops them being cowards, any mob with a banna wava has it’s leadership increased by 1, the banna is a one handed weapon that adds 1 to the wielders strength.

Grot shoota- a more powerful version of the blasta and is still wielded one handed, this upgrade costs 2 pts.

War gear with a * next to it may only be take by tekkies

I haven't managed to playtest these rules yet since my unit of fantasy goblins that I am going to convert are still on order. I know this may be a load of rubbish but please don't be really mean or I'll cry :cry: and the only reason things are so cheap is because they wont really get a chance to use it beofre they die lol

Last edited by Mr Grot; March 6th, 2007 at 21:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

It looks okay, although why not use the Ork codex and just have loads of slavers? I forget which Klan it is that has lots of slaves... is it the Gold Toofs? I'm not really a fan of making up stuff, the victories are sweeter if it's with a pre-approved Codex.

My brother used to play a Gold Toof army with LOADS of gretchin in it. Zzap guns are definitely a good investment - they are IMO the best anti-tank the Orks can get. 3 mobs of gretchin with z-guns and you're set. You could have a minimal Ork elite that's running the show, mostly slavers and maybe a filthy-rich Boss, and fill out rhe army with tons of gretchin.

Whatever you decide, I say go for it. Gretchin are amazing.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's a good idea, but I'd start with the ork dex and pull any unit that is grotty enough. First. Basic troop choice would be the gretchin mob, pretty much verbatim. Replace the slaver with a honcho, and it's good. Change the grot special rules so you can use them, since as is, they benefit other orks only. How about increase any cover save gained by 1 (not including force fields), since they'z all sneaky-like. Buggies and wartrakks can be crewed by grots easy enough, and are kinda like grot tanks.

Next, they need some really cool special units. How about Grot Dismantlers? A mob of grots with power tools who specialize in stripping down vehicles while the tank is still rolling? Now then. Against vehicles, they deal one hit which automatically hits, and has a S equal to the number of grots in the mob? More than 10 grots means more than one hit, and you can divide the grots/S points as you see fit, but you must use the fewest number of hits you can. So 20 grots = 2 S10 hits, 21 grots = 3 hits, average S7.

Next. All armies need an infiltrator. Grot Throat-Cutters. Armed with close combat weapons and grot blastas. Infiltrate, basic grot stats, minus Go to Ground rule. They have a special rule which makes them count as though they had frag grenades, and another which allows them to assault an enemy out of cover from cover (i.e. they run out of a forest and assault a unit in the open), they get Furious Charge.

Squig riders are very characterful for grots. They'd make a great cavelry unit. Grot snipers are worth a thought too.
    God and the soldier, we adore
    In times of War, and then no more.
    For when the war is ended, and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the old soldier slighted.

[Avatar in Memory of Baker, happiest rat in the world. RIP.]

+ Reply to Thread