Broodlord, nid fall back tactic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broodlord, nid fall back tactic

Hey guys, has anyone tried this tactic or some varient of it:

Have a good amount of hormagaunts on one side of the deployment zone with cheap synapse that can move fast (like a 3 man flywar brood). Put the synapse so that they are just barely in 12" of the hormies, preferably closer to the middle of the board. Then have your Broodlord infiltrate and brood on the same side, as far away as safely possible.

Then have the rest of your army, or at least the rest of your synapse, on the other side of the board. First turn use the warriors synapse coverage the move the hormies as far as possible (and thus out of the warriors synapse). Jump your warriors as far away as safely possible towards the other side. Also move the other side of the army into cover so that your hormies get enough fire power to have a morale check. This will make the hormies run 3D6" towards the broodlord!

That way you're right their next turn and with the rest of your army coming from the other side, it should be all good. I know there are times when this won't work for crap, but it seems like it would work well for static shooty armies. What do you guys think?

helspont

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    155 (x2)

This is a tactic that I have considered and the one time that I tried using it I had a really bad first turn where my brood lord was killed immediately. I too would love to hear of other players trying this tactic, and if it worked. Perhaps I will try it again this weekend.
    Primary Army: Tyranids; Secondary Army: Space Wolves

It's Illeagle, but it' s not that illeagle. - John Public

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The preface to the whole idea relies on one big assumption: You will have a place to infiltrate the broodlord right up in the enemy lines.

Most smart opponents will use one or two small throw away squads to clog up their deployment zone so that there's absolutely nowhere that you can infiltrate in or around their deployment zone. And then without being able to do that, your broodlord will then be stuck out somewhere in the middle of the board, at which point you'd be better off just running the hormagaunts under synapse the entire way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I understand. I also just heard something that would make this pretty much completely useless. I just figured when thinking of this that once you're in synapse you don't have to do anything, you just do what every you want and everything is automatic. But reading the codex again, I just realized that you have to rally once back in synapse. And since this would happen on my turn, those hormies couldn't move. So, well, it was worth a shot.

On a side note, you would think that once your guys were back in synapse, the hive mind would kick back in just like nothing happened, making a rally move unneccessary. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback guys.

helspont

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

It's not that they couldn't move, but instead get only a consolidation move in their movement phase (3", ignoring terrain). After that, they are free to do as they please, including fleet and assault.

+ Reply to Thread