Farseer on a jetbike...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Farseer on a jetbike...?

I was just wondering what other bits and pieces people have used to model this? Obviously I will need the jetbike but as far as the torso / head / arms / weapons. Has anyone found any pieces that look really striking?

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

You can find several example in the painting or conversion forum, mostly by chopping up exisiting warlocks/farseers.

The Harlequin on the jetbike also has potential
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Actually...

I actually used to play straight harlequins so I am using harlequin jetbikes for my normal jetbikes. I really wanted to avoid chopping up a farseer / warlcok if at all possible but I guess I might have to.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

then the quesion becomes one of robes, witchblades and singing spears can readily be modeled using the spares from the DA exarch (you get 2 swords and 2 spears in each box of 10)

you can use either then standard bike rider, the shreiker bike rider or the torso from a guardian for a standard model, then add robes if you want them with Green stuff using the standard techniques for banners (greaseproof paper etc)

Heads can also be something of a problem but generally a little modeling with a standard guardian head or the purchase of a farseer head can sort that
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

This is mine. It uses the head from one of the new metal farseers and the arms and torso of a dire avenger exarch (I snipped the shimmershield off the left arm). The bits on his back are from the guardian sprue, and the control console is from the shining spears.

You just need to create some robes as you see fit to make him farseer-like.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Here's my one I did a while back. It's yet to be painted at all so you can clearly see how I did it. The model is based on a very common convertion done by gamesworkshop, the picture can be found in the Eye of Terror codex.

Farseer/ Warlock Jetbike

All you need are the following:

Old Farseer blister, in particular the singing spear,
    Warlock blister, I recommend the one I used as it can be sawed easily and fits snuggly,
    Jetbike,
    Green Stuff to fill the gaps,

It does cost a fair bit of cash just to make it but it's quite rewarding once the work is finished.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Mine was just a regular jetbike + half a farseer. His bottom half is now decorating the base of a khornate daemon prince.

Although I heard a good suggestion about putting him on a vyper, that sounds like a good idea.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For mine I bought one of these.

I then simply made a pressing from milliput of an existing warlock's rune armour and stuck it onto the front of the guardians torso. I made a milliput pressing from the shoulder pad to make a second pad for the left arm which holds the handlebar. Add the head and some milliput robes and ya done...

Yes lots of milliputting needs to be done so if you are not a fan of that I would go with the way Heiromyo has done it (which is the way I did my 2 Warlocks).

Below is the example of my Warlock which is a chopped torso with the above singing spear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

Here is a link to a conversion for a warlock which could be easily converted to a faseer using that model's head instead

Warhammer 40,000 - Eldar

+ Reply to Thread