Wych repackaging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wych repackaging

Hey guys, just a heads up, on the GW website shop they have an advance order box of ten wyches @ $35. Same sculpts as before, but a new box. Any ideas what's up with that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrpger View Post
    Hey guys, just a heads up, on the GW website shop they have an advance order box of ten wyches @ $35. Same sculpts as before, but a new box. Any ideas what's up with that?
    I think most people have known about that for a while now. It probaby means that GW had to many old wyches lying around and put them in a new shiney box. It also should put a stop to any DE being retired as an army.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Wych box

All they are doing is clearing excess stock it could meen that they are being released new sometime in the near future(about a year) which would fit with current codex release speculations.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Triphinius View Post
    All they are doing is clearing excess stock it could meen that they are being released new sometime in the near future(about a year) which would fit with current codex release speculations.
    Some time in late 2007/early-middle 2008. Orks are gonna get redone before DE so depending on how quick the GW redoes Orks, we will see how long it will take them to redo dark eldar. I personaly am NOT looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reasons

Please would you tell me why you are not looking forward to the DE being redone?

Early 2008 is what i reckon personally and I hope they do some good to the models and add a little more fluff and adjust stats and special characters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

It's probaby because he knows that GW will make wyches simple no more wych weapons and etc. Wyches will likely be dumb down, give univeral rules like the harlesquins, and that they will also be nerfed. Or he fears that GW will make Dark Eldar a "Chaos Eldar" which dark eldar isn't. The current codex works great as is and a good player will do great with Dark Eldar. That is what I always am hearing people say, why they don't really want an update all that much.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    It's probaby because he knows that GW will make wyches simple no more wych weapons and etc. Wyches will likely be dumb down, give univeral rules like the harlesquins, and that they will also be nerfed. Or he fears that GW will make Dark Eldar a "Chaos Eldar" which dark eldar isn't. The current codex works great as is and a good player will do great with Dark Eldar. That is what I always am hearing people say, why they don't really want an update all that much.
    Bingo!

I fear the new codex as well.

My only hope is new models without new rules.

Would like to see new Coven rules but its not necessary

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    Right on the spot, except its not just wyches, it everything incubi, bikes, warriors and ect.
    But hey, maybe hellions wont be worthless for once in a lifetime...at least something to look forward to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about half started, so i'm hoping that an update doesn't happen too soon or change too much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Codex

I myself am hoping for an update just making the units work in a better way and openning the army up for some new units allowing heamonculi covens and a different troops choice.

What has been said on this forum makes me actually think about the fact that GW will do something like turn dark eldar into chaos eldar but i do think they are aware that doing this will loose all the people who currently play dark eldar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast