Eldrad, the best? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Eldrad, the best?

Today at a local tourny, I fell into a conversation on who is the best character in 40k. There were the Abaddon, Sammael and Kharn supporters, but I had to stick my nose out and say Eldrad.

I feel I had a damn good arguement. The fact he can use 3 spells a turn, has a 3++ save, can wound anything on 2+ with a power weapon and can redeploy your own troops.

IMO, I plan on using him as much as possible. His tactical advantages are second to none and he can dish out some pain in a pinch.

Yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill actually agree with that. I have found the ability to use the same power twice rediculously awesome. Iuse guide twice once on two Guardian squads then Doom on an enemy squad. This will wipe out just about anything except termies.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

I too agree, he is very expensive, but worth every single point! Stick the avatar beside him and youve got a HQ set up that will rain death and destruction to even the mightiest smurf army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by [Black] Katalyst View Post
    Abaddon
    Abaddon is over costed for what he does, and should never be considered 'the best.' He'd be lucky to be considered in the 'fair' category.

Sammael
    Sammael is not an Independant Character, which instantly makes him sub-par. On his Landspeeder he's fair, but then I can argue that vehicles shouldn't be considered.

Kharn
    Kharn is pretty good for the price, but doesn't support his army at all. He's a one trick pony.

can wound anything on 2+ with a power weapon
    With that whopping one attack per round, ya mean.

I agree on everything else. Eldrad is pretty sick for what he can do.

However, don't you think it's a bit one sided to ask the Eldar section if their character is the best of all 40K?

Personally, I like Yriel a bit more. He's not nearly so expensive as Eldrad, counts as an Autarch so helps in Escalation games, and is friendlier to Mechanized Eldar lists, which Eldrad fails horribly in.

I also am taking a shine to Belial of the Dark Angels.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    With that whopping one attack per round, ya mean.
    Two. The Staff of Ulthamar has never been listed as a two handed weapon.

It's still not that impressive, of course :shifty:.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally love to use Eldrad in my games. first of all, he is awsome with any unit. he can guide mulitple units, and doom or mind war the enemy alot. plus 2 Elditrich storms against hordes is simply amazing. plus who doesnt want a wounds on 2+ power weapon. yeah Yeril has that, but he has no psyhic powers.

also i would like to give a personal shout out to Fugen, the Burning Lance. gotta love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yriel is a disgusting charecter who is far to powerful for his points, His down side of his "Daemon weapon" is not enough of a baancing point. Eldrads lack of combat destructiveness plus high point cost balances his power leval completely.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Karandras. Not even Kharn has THAT many attacks. Of course, being an independent character his claw's usefulness gets a bit toned down, but imagine him with a small squad of scorpions chopping up Guardsmen or Fire Warriors. I don't ANYTHING but Death Company could work that efficiently.

Eldrad's not horrible in a mechanized army; he might have wasted some of his potential, but you can still have him cast 3 powers every turn. As a matter of fact, I don't much like him foot-slogging up the table.

+ Reply to Thread