Mega Armor And Transports - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ug dere ull u Orkz.
    I was reading in the ork codex about Mega Armor and transports but it did not say it was impossible, but i'd tend to think no because mega armor wieghs even more than terminater armor and even they have trouble transporting!
    but i thought i'd ask just to make sure
    thanks for any replys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot one thing, what is the point of stikk bommas? the frag stikk bommers anyways, with such low init i would think it would be useless exept for when the power of WAAAAAGH is in the works but doesnt that only last for the ork players turn? or does it last through the enemies turn as well?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the stikkbommas but you must be able to take mega-armoured orks in ork vehicles (up to the vehicle's limit) because it doesn't say you can't.

Of course it may be a different story with looted vehicles such as the land raider or rhino because (as you said) most of them find it hard to carry even termies. You have to admit that their seating room is smaller. On the other hand, orks are prone to simply mashing in or even hanging of towbar etc etc, just to get a lift.

I haven't heard anything against transporting mega armoured guys, so until I do, I wont hesitate to trasport them.

Dakka Dakka!!!
    "Where dere's wun - dere's ple'ty more!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules as written allow you to carry mega-armored orks, including the warboss, on any sort of ork transport; this includes looted vehicles like rhinos. I've never seen any sort of clarification or change in a CA or FAQ. This means you can literally stick the MA warboss along with a whole group of MA bodyguard on a trukk with room to spare. It may not jive with SM terminators but think of it as one of the orks' perks: They really know how to pack 'em in well.

The stikkbomb chukka, on a mega-armored ork, is pretty useless IMO. It allows you to strike simultaneously when striking troops in cover but only if you use your power klaw as a regular weapon; if you use it as an actual PK you still strike last. Basically the only time stikkbomb chucka becomes useful is if your enemy is in cover (e.g., behind a barricade) and in my experiences this doesn't actually happen very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOu can just put him in anything including loted vehicles and still have all seating room left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Evil Grin* i'm gonna have to try that, this is gonna be fun.
    Thanks for the replys.

Closed Thread