What craftworld is a good choice? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What craftworld is a good choice?

Ok I have been reading more into the Eldar codex and I must say that I like it, I escpecially like the autarch choice. I can't really find a craftworld that grabs me though and I read about the exodite worlds, they seem a bit more wild or feral. What is mainly driving me is that I am new to Eldar and I usually build an army around the models that I like. I really like the wraithlord,scorpions, wraithguard and autarch plus I wanted to do a few conversions to some of the guardian squads and the autarch. Can anyone with more experience guide me to a established craftworld based on my likes or should I go with my own or maybe have them come from an exodite world?
    I know this is probably asking a lot but I would like to stay in the conventions of the Eldar and I would like some input from veteran players.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

The Wraithguard and Wraithlord point towards Iyanden, the home of Yriel that was on the receiving end of a Tyranid Hive Fleet. But would you not prefere to make up your own one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Gallowglacht is correct, lots of Wraith units would fit Iyanden, but your own Craftworld would allow you to tailor your army to a specific theme you like, i.e. a small Craftworld under attack by the forces of Chaos is saved thanks to the efforts of Karandras the hunter. Because of this they hold a special reverence for him, which has led to an increased number of warriors becoming Striking Scorpions. This allows you to use the models you like, and provides a simple fluff reason for you to include more of them if you wish to.

If you want to take the Exodite route, you could look into the Lizardmen range for ideas, as I think there is fluff about them using large reptilian creatures. Terradons could represent Jetbikes etc. You could build a feral looking Jetbike Autarch using Wood Elf parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

You could have a scorpion autarch and his striking scorpion cronies uncovering an undead fleet.

Just tossing up ideas for your own army. If you want help just ask.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok bits:
    1. as others have said, you are not constrained to the GW craftworlds
    2. generally with the new Eldar codex, the old "Beil tann have aspect warriors etc" approach is a guide, undoubtedly the mahor 5 craftworlds all field aspect warriors, pathfinders, bikers, wraiths etc
    3. Exodites are classically "backwards", think "The Good Life", Fluff wise they historically have used dinosaur type creatures and as such I dont think they follow "The Path" so aspect warriors would not tend to be there, although clearly you can create something similar (Warrior lodges?)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

Since craftworlds are largely meaningless outside of fluff I'd say make your own.

With those units maybe you could have a dying craftworld that allied with a nearby exidite colony to survive an incoming assault that threatens them both.

So you could have the wraith and aspect units fully primmed up as craftworld units, maybe some purple, ridgedly painted lines and decals, a focus on all the gems, and maybe something more like marble or crystal floors for the bases. Whereas one of the autarchs and the guardians (or dire avengers which are commonly used to represent elite guardians) could be converted to look more exoditeish with camo, different looks, body paint, extra leafy bases etc.
    Last edited by sunnyside; March 27th, 2007 at 19:16.

+ Reply to Thread