Autarch on Bike w/ reaper launcher - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autarch on Bike w/ reaper launcher

I had this crazy idea for an autarch on a bike sporting a reaper launcher and a power weapon. sound like a good idea? is it legal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

It's legal yes. Is it a good idea? theres a 1st time for everything. Try it out and tell us how it works if you want.

However on paper I must say it looks horrible. You can get a squad of reapers for cheaper than that autarch. Besides Maugan ra is much cooler than said autarch.

It would basically be a death spinner autarch with a bigger gun. Seeing how he will spend most of his time in cc it looks like a waste of points. You also lose the massive range advantage the reaper has.

No I don't think it's a good idea but then I've only seen it on paper. I'm always willing to incorporate other peoples experiences into my thinking.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

It's legal, though it's quite useless...

The reaper launcher remains a Heavy weapon, thus cannot move and fire (only weapons mounted on a bike get the always stationary rule), effectively canceling the bikes enhanced mobility.

Yes, you could keep him behind and have him zoom to wherever he is needed, though it doesn't seem that cost-effective.
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

as Kheldar quite rightly said, the reaper launcher is legal but not really compatible with the bike, one gives you mobility, the other requires you to be stationary
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Cheradanine,
    Could you point out the part where it says the weapon must be mounted on the bike to count as a stable firing platform. IIRC, the entry decribing bikes in the Rule Book makes no distinction between 'mounted' and being 'carried'

It has been a while since I have played anything that would make this an issue, but I suppose a reaper biker would be a great way to get yourself around the board dropping some anti-marine love.

Thanks for your feedback.

Respectfully,
    The Forsaken
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forsaken has a point. the rulebook doesn't make a distinction between carried and mounted. it only states that rapid fire weapons mounted on the jetbike can shoot as if they hadn't moved. the rules say that rapid fire weapons and heavy weapons may be fired if the bike moved. i think i may have a fast strike anti-infantry unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Sigh, this has been argued to death before guys.

it is another RAW vs convention and accepted intent. I really despise the RAW clan, they make a fun hobby into a living arguement, however in this case, from memory of the last powergamer we put against the wall and shot, the rule book does stipulate "Weapons mounted on a bike", the meaning, if you are ultra pedantic, is completely and irrefutably clear,for this case, the twin linked shuriken catapults are mounted on the bike, the Autarch is mounted on the bike, the reaper launcher is not mounted but is carried by the Autarch.

Please note, any attempt to re-activate an old arguement on a new post is not acceptable (i.e. if you want to re-open the arguement then pick up the thread in the 40K rules section, and frankly dont expect me to waste my time arguing it with you cos we all know how it is played in any official game) Dont clutter this thread with rehashed pedantry (I am sure you wouldnt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Cheredanine,

I am not trying to argue. I am not trying to be pedantic.

I made the post, because I couldn't remember a distinction. You claim that there is one, and I will trust your word on it.

Respectfully,
    The Forsaken
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Sorry if that came accross a bit strong mate, yesterday there was an agrument revolving around embolden and farseers psychic tests, just did want this chaps thread to devolve, wasnt anything to do with you personnaly.

There is undoubtedly still room for arguement on the subject, even with the distinction I highlighted, but generally would expect it to occur only in tourneys or from power gamers.

I am a player as much as anyone else, my word is no better than anyone elses, Point was to have any discusion in the right place and not blow this thread out of the water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So actually just out of interest how would you actually play this Chered? That they can or cannot move and shoot?

The way I look at it is... why not... its an Autarch... the guy knows what he is doing and you are paying a crap load of points for something that is by all means not even as powerful as say... the Jetbike Dark Angel bloke...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast