Kroot Strategies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yet to fight with my Tau or see them fight, but it seems as if they kroot would mostly be picked of before CC. I've heard a lot of people say the just don't use the kroot in general. What are strategies with kroot you guys find effective? I'm planning on fighting next sunday so I would really like to hear what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kroot are your only decent cc. i personally always play at least 1 squad because they deploy 12 infiltrate 6 they move cover gets +1 they can see through 12'' of terrain to shoot and everything they are easily great for their cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put them in a forest and shoot. There bolters hitting with the skill of guardsmen. And in the forest it takes a lot of fire to kill them (4+ invunrable). Watch for flamers and if you oponent wants to poor fire into them then let him. There cheep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wut i do is i put my kroot in front of my BSBS (in cover for the 4+ cover) and screen them from fire that way they serve the purpose of a shield while not in CC
    heh kroot r silly :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with a squad of ten and keep them behind a squad of FW, with no armour save the kroot would die too fast up front, shoot with both squads until the enemy gets close, then move my kroot up, rapid fire with the FW and assualt with the Kroot. After all those shots i pumped into the enemey squad, the kroot should have any troble beating in HtH. Rinse and Repeat. Thats only 70 pts too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like to rush my kroot into the forest so my opponent (who plays IG) will waste time and guardsmen trying to get to them while i sit back and pick his guys off one by one. it takes a lotta shots but it's so easy to outrun troops hindered by difficult terrain when ur not anyway! my kroot easily killed off the guardsmen even tho it took like 60 shots to kill 10 of them :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to max out my kroot, taking 20 kroot and 16 hounds in a unit makes an awesome sight. I never take a shaper, 6+ save is just as bad as no save and I want to be able to advance when my enemy retreats.
    To get a good Ld I let an etheral join the squad, makes them test on 10 and the all the tau models get a reroll.

Jozef

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, who? Kroot? The Tau need no aid from others.

For the greater good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Jo'Topa's tactic, but with more Kroot. I find that 10 just arn't enough in most situations. I keep between 16 and 20 in a squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they're not used as a meat shield or in cover, I find kroot are pretty useles unless you're fighting units as crappy as guardsmen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast