A Use For Vespid! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Use For Vespid!

OH man I can't believe I forgot to post this until now.
    I was playing a killteam game, and I found out that 1 turn of shooting typically takes out precisely: 3 spacemarines!!!!

KILLTEAM for Vespids. It is perfect.
    Just think
    Ignore the armor saves
    strike first against small units of enemies.
    Jump packs
    fleet of wing
    skilled flyers.
    it is all there.

OH Yeah
    and do not deny it, I won a kill team with out losing a single vespid.

Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i definatly agree. i was playing kill team with a friend, and used steath suits. but they broke the 2 shot minimum alot so i was down a lot of models/boss points but they still did good. then i thought vespids for all the reasons listed above. i definatley agree, i just haven't play tested it yet.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by greektlake View Post
    i definatly agree. i was playing kill team with a friend, and used steath suits. but they broke the 2 shot minimum alot so i was down a lot of models/boss points but they still did good. then i thought vespids for all the reasons listed above. i definatley agree, i just haven't play tested it yet.
    Kill team is such a joke, its be fine if people played in spirit with the bsaic idea of it, but even then its pityfully easy to win, they come at you in 3s I mean come on.

Even a Gun Drone Kill team would rock because they can't shoot you until your within 5-10 inches of them and you get so many shots its hard to not kill 3 guys.

Heck I'm almost willing to bet that 160 pointsof SHIELD Drones could win at Kill Team.

Nothing to be proud of, nor is it a reason to buy models specifically for something.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Why don't you try to be a bit more constructive and maybe just try to balance it out? come up with some new rules, such as 5 men in a brute squad? some new senarios? what ever?
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe there is a rule in kill-team that adds a klaxon whenever jump infantry moves.... I remember thinking that was silly but there it is. sort of balances the vespid kill-team a little.
    "To follow any path other than the Tau'va is to doom us all. Only together and with courage and discipline shall we stand victorious. Fight with fire and courage and nothing can stand against us."

- Commander Shadowsun

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox3 View Post
    I believe there is a rule in kill-team that adds a klaxon whenever jump infantry moves.... I remember thinking that was silly but there it is. sort of balances the vespid kill-team a little.
    Not really, because either war you still have more than enough firepower to blast a SM brute sqaud (let alone the other race's) in one round, so it doesn't matter how far they see, and with Jump packs in some of the mission you cna just outrun the brutes to say teh center and then back to where you started.
    Quote Originally Posted by cebwj
    Why don't you try to be a bit more constructive and maybe just try to balance it out? come up with some new rules, such as 5 men in a brute squad? some new senarios? what ever?
    Maybe if you give the KT 80 points to work with, add about 25% more Brute sqauds and limit even more what kind of troops you an take it would make it more fair, but I bet the KT player would complain about it!

Its not even worth fixing.

Mike

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill team is for fun, and no one should pretend different.

Personally, I like to use Stealth suits. Breaks mutable rules all over the place, and it's not very stealthy. But it bring new meaning to the term "run and gun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I usually do a stealth/gun drone team. Kill teams are just for really short, fun games that you trade off playing against each other. I sometimes put them in campaigns for flavor, but not for anything critical because the kill team will win 99% of the time. especially Eldar Kill-teams (Howling banshees should be banned heh)
    "To follow any path other than the Tau'va is to doom us all. Only together and with courage and discipline shall we stand victorious. Fight with fire and courage and nothing can stand against us."

- Commander Shadowsun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miketehfox, if you have nothing constructive to add, then don't detract from our experience.
    Seriously.
    I enjoy Kill Team games because I actually TRY to make them work.
    And there are ways for the brutes to win, like grouping them together. (DUH!)
    But vespids are perfect for kill teams.
    I haven't read anything about jump packs activating claxons but it makes sense (for space marines giant freakin turbines), but not for wings.
    Every time an owl (or alien equivalent) went by, the klaxon's would go off.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread