help against dark angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    walnut grove
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

help against dark angels

im going up against dark angels for the first time tomarrow. its a friendly game but i wanna kick my friends but cause he's been going on about how awesome his stuff is. well probley be playing 1500 pts. i have 20 dire avengers, 1 farseer, 6banshees, 1falcon, 1fireprisim, 1wairthlord, 5hawks, and 5 warlocks, and buying a pack of scorpions that night, any tactics against the dark angels would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

Skip on the Scorpions and get Dark Reapers. Any MEQ army hates them. They have awesome range and can put a dent in any squad they shoot at. The Exarch can have 2x EML shots at BS5 that will help against an errant Dreadnaght or take out a few bikes. Either way Dark Reapers will hurt a lot.

-The problem at hand is you have two good CC squads (Seer Council and Banshees) and only one semi-transport. I'd like to see the Banshees in the Falcon with the Farseer. Doom whatever unit they assault and they will have great success.

-Definately use both tanks all tooled up.

-The Swooping Hawks will be a bit out of place. Their grenade packs and lasblasters are weak against power armor. I'd give them Intercept and hope they can make it to a tank with their haywire grenades.

-Dark Angels, like any MEQ army hate AP3 weapons. I'd put a Star Cannon on the Falcon and a Star Cannon on the Wraithlord. Any losses to a Space Marine army will hurt him because the models cost so much pointwise.

-Keep your eye on the objectives. Eldar are naturally fast and have a natural speed advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread