Help beating Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help beating Eldar

I play Basic, unmodified Orks. however, every single time I play against my friends Eldar, I get pasted. every unit I throw at him is quickly countered and eliminated. I have tried shelling him with a basilisk (which never lasts more than a a turn or 2) while moving up with boyz and wartrukks, he pins my fast choices with his fire dragons and fire prism, after which my foot sloggers end up getting obliterated by his fire prisms pie-plate, dire avengers, and dark reapers. those that do miraculously reach his lines in one piece, get slaughtered by the initiative heavy striking scorpions! we usually play at the 1850pt level. thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a lot of problems against my eldar friend as well. Their troops are very specialized and fast, meaning a commander who knows what he's doing is very dangerous. I managed to turn the tides by playing speed freaks. While it's true that striking scorpions and harlequins are pretty nasty in combat, you will always be doing better in CC than at range. Throwing multiple truks, buggies, and bikes at him will present too many targets to take down in a shooting phase, landing some of your units into CC by turn 2. This massive rush worked for me, my footsloggers had been getting shredded by him before.
    "I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as I'm just starting Orks myself I can't be too helpful except I noticed one thing.

Did you know that you can make a mob check so that you don't get pinned? If your squads are big enough he will have to kill a whole bunch of them before it's even possible to pin them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to your complaint about getting pie plated by his fire prism, don't forget to exploit the option to position your models 2" apart. If he still has pie-platers in play, keep the boyz spread out to reduce the number of hits. A buddy of mine started doing that to me after my looted bassie was obliterating his squads :-p. If done right, he should be able to only hit about 2 guys per plate, which will frustrate the heck out of him when his 200 point tank is only killing 18pts of orks a turn.

Also, when it comes to fast attack, sending only a truk or two isn't very effective. Ork vehicles are cheap, fast, and fragile. They are designed to rush up presenting several targets so quickly that the opponent doesn't have time to fire on all of them. The survivors then tear it up. Unless you are very adept at using cover, lone truks will get toasted.
    "I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I tend to beat eldars very often. Eldars are specialized, expensive, fast, and fragile. Orks are specialized (although not as much), quite tough, slower, and cheaper.
    Do not send your units peacemeal, but make sure they support one another.
    Example: 1 Leman russ to force him to either vacate its area of fire or direct massive firepower at it.
    This allows the killa kans to advance (with a mek behind them carrying a force field and tools) and to cover the advance of a large mob of slugga boyz. Those should reach the eldar support lines quite unscathed, and there's really not much an eldar can do against a mob of 20 angry orks.
    If he goes for your russ with HtH troops, you can use a mob of shoota boyz (4 BS, including the nob) to intercept them. Otherwise, they can shoot vypers or small units such as swooping hawks.

Keep a truck or 2 in reserve for counter attack.

Scorchas on trakks are unvaluable against eldar, there again as a mobile reserve perfectly capable of incinerating a whole unit.

Hope it helps!
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Killing falcons

What kills falcons dead? Dakka wagon does every time when armed with a zzap gun and you put tankbustas inside.

First the zzap gun shoots, which auto hits and has the random str.
    Then the Tankbustas shoot their 3-4 rokkits at str 8 that get +1 AP for str 9
    Then the Tankbustas shoot your 5 bolt on big shootas which are now str 6 for 15 str 6 shoots.

Dakka wagon also kills any Eldar infantry easily as it wounds on 2+ with any weapon as they have a best possible save of a 4+ or 5+ usually.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread