Spped Freaks Escalation Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    NY, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Spped Freaks Escalation Question

Hey all, I had a question about Speed Freaks in escalation missions that I wanted to make a post for. In escalation missions only unmounted normal foot troops can be deployed so that rules out all the freaks. Normally in games you come in from reserves in turn 2 on 4+, 3 on 3+ etc. In the Freaks codex it says you are allowed to start rolling for reserves on turn 1. My quesion is if these guys come in on a 4+ on turn 1, what do they come in on in turn 2? I would argue that due to their speed and such you shift the table to the left, meaning turn 1 is 4+, 2 is 3+, etc. However my buddies think it should stay turn 1 4+, turn 2 4+, turn 3 3+, and that the one advantage of the rule is the ability to start rolling earlier. Do any of you know the solution to this?

"I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

2. Remove Advertisements

New Jersey
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Speed Freaks escalation

On turn 1 speed freaks can enter on a 4+ per their special rules.

On turn 2 they also enter on a 4+. Reasoning for this the turn 1 is not a normal reserves roll, it actually counts as a special ability where they are quick to respond. Starting on turn 2 they are able to enter using the normal reserves rule which cites a 4+ in the big rule book. No where does it indicate that now you are allowed to enter on a 3+. In the big i think it even breaks it down where the 2nd reserves roll you make is at a 3+. So your first turn making a reserves roll is technically turn 2.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread