Dumb question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumb question

I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but since I am new to the swarm, and I don't know any other nid players, this is the best place to ask. Ok, when you give your nids two gun biomorphs, which types treat these as twin linked, and which ones don't (if any). Also, if you give ST, does the +1 attack apply to shooting attacks since most of the ranged weapons are dependent on # of attacks.

If someone can clear this up, that would be great.

Thanks.

Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Twin Linked only applies to two of the same weapon biomorphs.

As far as I know, (I'm not a nid player), the Scything Talons only grant +1 attack in CC.

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

The scythings do not give you an extra shot (as much as I wish they would).

In terms of twin-linking. Anything that isn't already twin-linked becomes so when you buy a second one. For example, 2 venom cannons on a carnifex become twin-linked while 2 sets of the already twin-linked devourers do not. However, if you buy 2 devourers for a warrior, then it does become twin-linked. (it seems complex at first, but once you get used to it the system is fairly simple and does mak sense.)

Short answer, ST = CC only, Anything that doesn't have the words "twin linked" in it's description already gets becomes linked if you buy 2.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guy, that does clear it up a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

but if im correct, tho of the same guns aren't twinlinked for a montrous creature.
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

as far as im aware, venom cannons and barbed stranglers are only twin linked if you choose it twice for your model instead of other weapons, whilst devourers/deathspitters count as twin linked on a TMC even if you only choose it once, due to the small size of the weapons. a carnifex with venom cannon as both choices would count as a twin linked venom cannon, whilst a carnifex with devourers as a single choice would also count as twin linked, whilst devourers chosen twice would have no extra effect over a single choice

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not completely sure, but I believe that with a carnifex, you might be able to give it 4 venom cannons, creating 2 twin-linked venom cannons. I think this because the rulebook says "they only count as a single weapon" and you can outfit the fex with 2 weapons (thus 4). Double check this, just incase guys.
    --When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furbifex - You can give a Carnifex up to two Venom Cannons (which per a line elsewhere in the codex, function as one twin-linked Venom Cannon). The Carnifex's entry in the codex tells you that a Carnifex has to choose precisely two weapon-symbiotes, and each Venom Cannon counts as one.
    Tyranids / Skaven / Pan Oceania

UK Student? Take part in the Student Nationals at Sheffield University, the weekend after Easter weekend 2008 - wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs, board games - see www.studentnationals.org for more details!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds logical, since, a twin linked weapon is 1 weapon, so the carnifex should be able to carry 2 such weapons, from the sound of things. This would be expensive, but just wanted to find out, I was more concerned with my Hive Tyrant since I planned the usual BS VC loadout on my fex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you are saying. Even if you could do that, I wouldn't. It was just a curiosity. Why waste that many points to reroll a 4+ to hit. I like the BS/VC combo anyways. It is more versatile and effective with S:8/10 and even a little pinning lol.
    --When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast