Paint Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint Schemes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint Schemes

I am looking to repaint my tau and was brainstorming ideas. I was wondering if yall could help me out by posting and/or explaining your armies colors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm. i make my stealth suits inner armor scorched earth, the raised armor part is dark angels green, like a tree has a brown trunk and green leaves. Very dark stealthy scheme. I like it. Used it for my devilfish as well.
    Gunbarrel of burstcannon is brown, like a branch.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It sounds sad, but I use the scheme from the cover of the cities of death book..

i.e. white plates, crimson cloth/underarmour and bright red sept markings. It looks pretty cool I think, and very striking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Giant Mantis
    lol dude thats how my army is painted too but the paint job wasnt done terriably well so thats why im repainting em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the cloth painted black and their armour is blood red. My pulse rifles are half black, half scorpion green. Its not the coolest colour scheme in the world but the scorpion green gives it a bit of pizaz.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

My army is a group of different cadres that compliment each otheres playing style. Each part so far has their 12 firewarriors(or varient), a devilfish, and a commander suit. First is Vior'La so its catachan green cloth, rotting flesh armor. The second is the Brightsword city fighters with the already mentioned red and white sceme (white is evil, glad your switching). My final which will come after prom expenses (ouch, a tux costs what?!? ) is N'Dras with a dark purple armor and pink cloth.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark purple armor and pink cloth. IMO those colors don't compliment each other enough, they should have more contrast, so as to appear appealing from 4 feet away while a battle is in progress. But if you like it, go for it.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueMan View Post
    IMO those colors don't compliment each other enough, they should have more contrast, so as to appear appealing from 4 feet away while a battle is in progress. But if you like it, go for it.
    Contrast is not usually a safe way to go as its an eye sore to paint and see. I'm actually pretty good with warlock, liche, and tentacle and if you keep the tentacle light, and the armour dark it compliments just right.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying extremely high contrast, or trying to make a rule that is universally applicable for painting. I just think pink and purple on a firewarrior doesn't look that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

As Tau are an army of hunters, I decided a nice "tactical" colour scheme is in order, I borrowed the colours of the Imperial Guard Cadian 8th as it's not too heavily camouflaged, but still looks like their trying to hide in something. I know alot of Tau players go for the "So bright an eldar would be embarassed" colour scheme, but it just never made any sense to me.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast