Favorite Crisis Weapon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air Bursting Fragmentation Projector

2 3.33%
  • Burst Cannon

5 8.33%
  • Cyclic Ion Blaster

8 13.33%
  • Flamer

1 1.67%
  • Fusion Blaster

2 3.33%
  • Missile Pod

19 31.67%
  • Plasma Rifle

23 38.33%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite Crisis Weapon

What is your favorite weapon? Not most effective, though if your favorite weapon is your favorite because it is the most effective then vote for it.

EDIT: Well it seems like the new weapons are not as liked as the good old ones, though no one likes the flamer or fusion blaster the best so far.

Last edited by LittleBlueMan; April 14th, 2007 at 06:03.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i voted for the CiB. I think it looks well cool!!!

never had any luck using it in a game though!!! sometimes it's better just to stand hard and luck cool though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for plasma because who doesnt like to shoot hot flaming balls of goo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missile Pod.

I don't actually play Tau on a regular basis but I have used a friends army. I loved using the Missile Pods. Sure they don't have the AP to knock out MEQs but they can knock out vehicles. I have picked off Preds/Rhinos/Excorcists/Immolators with them.

Last game I played Tau. My left flank felt the heat from a SM Chaplin. Locked a poor FW unit into CC along with one of my Crisis Suits. I decided to move my remaining Crisis suit forward away from the CC in case it went poorly for me. I found that in the following turn (We were playing escalation) that he got his Predators in and one entered in directly across the table from my newly moved out in the open Crisis Suit. Shots where fired... and my Shield Drone did its duty. My next turn, I moved forward, shot and bam... glanced the tank and destroyed it. I made my second jump continuing the forward movement. In the very next turn, I found that I was able to jump and get a side armor shot on another Pred... which turned into a dead Pred. Was awesome! Made my whole night. And helped me pull out a draw against a very min max Space Marine army.

Yup Yup... love the Missile Pod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorlich View Post
    Missile Pod.

I don't actually play Tau on a regular basis but I have used a friends army. I loved using the Missile Pods. Sure they don't have the AP to knock out MEQs but they can knock out vehicles. I have picked off Preds/Rhinos/Excorcists/Immolators with them.

Last game I played Tau. My left flank felt the heat from a SM Chaplin. Locked a poor FW unit into CC along with one of my Crisis Suits. I decided to move my remaining Crisis suit forward away from the CC in case it went poorly for me. I found that in the following turn (We were playing escalation) that he got his Predators in and one entered in directly across the table from my newly moved out in the open Crisis Suit. Shots where fired... and my Shield Drone did its duty. My next turn, I moved forward, shot and bam... glanced the tank and destroyed it. I made my second jump continuing the forward movement. In the very next turn, I found that I was able to jump and get a side armor shot on another Pred... which turned into a dead Pred. Was awesome! Made my whole night. And helped me pull out a draw against a very min max Space Marine army.

Yup Yup... love the Missile Pod.
    I have to second vlorlich because the missile pod is good for everything. However, my top three choices would be plasma rifle, missile pod, and burst cannon (the burst cannon just looks awesome and three strength 5 shots).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for the Missile pod, but I like the Plasma just as much. The missile pod works wonders against light vehicles, and the Plasma is good against MEQ.

I say we petition GW to put in the next codex the following rule...: "Two firewarriors may man the missile pod in the squad for 10 points." Dunno, I just thought of that. Curse our hate for integrated heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to vote plasma rifle, as they are so worth their points. every game they will earn them back.

It seems the new weapons (CIB and ABFP) are not as liked as the good old ones (all others.)
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Fusion Blasters! I like them because I love the pic of the commander hoping out the back of an orca with the long twin fusions.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flamer!!!

Because on that rare occasion that someone bunches up some low save troops, you kill all of them. Oh yes you do.

Plus it's the cheapest way to fill up a hardpoint with something remotely useful if you're running an otherwise twinlinked effort.

And who doesn't like burning things?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I really had to think about this, but in the end I chose the plasma rifle over the missile pod for one reason and one reason only - as it stands, the only models in my army that use plasma rifles thus far as my two Shas'el with TA's. That means that I'm hitting on a 2+ (and likely wounding on a 2+ as well) and ignoring all armor saves. When I get close to rapid fire... wow. Since I'm used to playing Space Marines, it's a real treat to have plasma that doesn't blow up in my face whenever I try to rapid fire.

I like the missile pod second best because I absolutely adore my Deathrain pattern Crisis suits. So far they've been the bane of things like Dark Eldar Scourges and Raiders, as well as things like Rhinos and Ripper Swarms (gotta love instant death, baby!).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast