What to take for a third Heavy support choice... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

What to take for a third Heavy support choice...

Okay currently I have four dark reapers, which I plan to add an exarch to, and I also have a falcon with a scatter laser. What would be a good viable third anti-tank choice? My army is mainly comprised of Rangers/Pathfinders and Warp spiders, and will hopefully have some harlequins in addition to my Banshees soon so what would be a good third heavy unit?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what you described, it seems like you army is a "shooty" type of list (with all the rangers and spiders). I think I can play it down between 2 Heavy choices, the Wraithlord or War Walkers.

The choice is down to you.

Wraithlord: With a BL and sword, he can troubleshoot, either taking out tanks with the BL or crushing units with his sword. BL and EML combo can be used as an anti-tanker. Downsides are that he will attract ALOT of fire and he needs a Psyker or there is a chance that he will Wraithsight out, and then he is screwed. Looks awsome though.

War Walkers: Can fire many shots compared to the Wraithlord. With Scatter Lasers, they can fire many high-strength shots. They can scout ahead which is useful to and a Farseer with guide does wonders. Downsides are that they are fragile and can be disposed of easily if left in the open.

I suggest proxying with a friend with these two types of Heavys and see which coordinates with your army well enough. Maybe a little more info on your army might help with the choice (ex: If you dont have much Warlocks then there is little use for the Wraithlord).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

As cheese says the Wraithlord and Warwalkers would be logical choices. But I wouldn't take my thoughts away from a battery of 3 D-cannons. With your Pathfinders and Dark Reapers being quite fixed to the spot they are standing, typical opponent reactions will be to get to them as quick as possible whilst using terrain to block LoS. D-cannons prevent the useage to terrain to block LoS and gives you a 24" barrier where your stand still units can stay. I wouldn't say being supported by D-cannons is completely safe but I garentee any opponent will think twice about moving into the range of a battery of D-cannons, even if there are juicy targets to be destoryed.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wraithlord no question. im surprised u havent included one already. bright lances and they can crack open a tank like a tin can with the wraithsword
    "Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... for tonight, we dine in hell!"
    Leonidas - 300
    <BR>
    Hydra Sparus Eldar - W-19 D-3 L-5

+ Reply to Thread