Librarium Online Forums banner

Bright Lance

840 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kingwithoutacrown 
#1 ·
I'm returning from a several year hiatus from gaming and have a question regarding the eldar bright lances in the latest codex.

They appear to be very expensive relative to their stats. I have read through the codex and rule book and see nothing on any special anti-tank abilities.

I'm sure the info is right in front of my face, but I am not seeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#3 ·
I still don't think they're worth it though. They were worth it in the last codex and they upped the price for reasons unknown to me. I suppose it could have been to make room for all the other great anti tank, fire dragons, wraithguard etc...

#5 ·
IMO they are a vice to Eldar. Its our main AT weapon, it migh be expensive but it does what it's supposed to do.

In smaller games, I like to use them on Warwalkers and larger games I put it on Wave Serpents.

#6 ·
Brightlances arn't bad, certainly can match up to Imperial Lascannons for tank busting. But then again I'd rather not use them if possible since my rolling has been below par, I rarely ever destroy a vehicle with a Brightlance so for me it's just a nice weapon on paper. Reality may be different for others though.

#7 ·
Where I played a few years ago, the meta-game of the area involved a fair number of Land Raiders, and a few Imperial Guard players who rocked the Leman Russ something fierce. A few Hammerheads too. For a while there, I needed every Wraithlorded or Wave Serpanted Brightlance I could fit in.

But these days are definitely the day the EML. And even then, the door-covering daisy-chain of the old haywire grenade carrying Scorpians tended to work better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.