gun drones on vehicles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

gun drones on vehicles

when gun drones are on vehicles and they fire, are they considered passengers or a defensive weapon?

Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by greektlake View Post
    when gun drones are on vehicles and they fire, are they considered passengers or a defensive weapon?
    They're passengers, essentially. Have a closer read of the drones section in the codex.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

it says they fire as part of the vehicle but are treated as passengers. so i guess they are a defensive weapon?

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

it says they fire as part of the vehicle but are treated as passengers. so i guess they are a defensive weapon?
    Um. :blink: They're treated as passengers. Which means they can't be weapons.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Wouldn't that make Tau-vehicles equipped with Drones count like open-topped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

no... not really... Imperial Guard trasport has the abillity to fire 6 lasguns, and isn't open topped.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

ok here's what it says: "while attached, the gun drones may fire as part of the vehicle, using it's own BS, in addition to any other weapons that would normally be permitted to fire, and are treated as passengers if the vehicle is damaged." so i think that says, drone's count as part of the vehicle, and hence they are defensive weapons. but are passengers when the vehicle is penetrated or destroyed.

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

ok here's what it says: "while attached, the gun drones may fire as part of the vehicle, using it's own BS, in addition to any other weapons that would normally be permitted to fire, and are treated as passengers if the vehicle is damaged." so i think that says, drone's count as part of the vehicle, and hence they are defensive weapons. but are passengers when the vehicle is penetrated or destroyed.
    Gah! I really don't understand where the confusion lies here. If the drones were weapons, they could be destroyed by "weapon destroyed" results. But they can't! Because they aren't weapons, they're passengers.

They may fire along with the vehicle, but they use their own BS. So, not part of the vehicle. Especially as the text notes that there may be other weapons that can fire. "In addition to" it says! If the drones counted as weapons, that would mean that other weapons would be disallowed from firing in the case where the vehicle moves X" or farther (you know, the rules that talk about which weapons systems may fire depending on the class of the vehicle and how far it moves).

This is not a muddy issue. The drones are passengers, period. And they get to fire at the same time as the vehicle, that's the only relation they have to the vehicle itself. They can't benefit from a marker hit that the vehicle is using, they don't get the vehicle's BS, they aren't weapons on the vehicle, they simply count as passengers. This is not difficult to parse from the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

That's the way I've been playing it. They can only fire if the vehicle moves 6" or less or if it has a multi-tracker, and do so with their own BS. If the vehicle gets penetrated or destroyed, they disembark as passengers. They can also disembark just like any other passenger, but unlike normal passengers, they can never embark (get back on).
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

alright sorry to creat a fuss. i just wanted to clear it up for rules sake. though now that i look at it, it doesnt even matter if there passengers or not for firing sake. multitraker doesnt help beyond 12"

Semper Paratus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast