De Revision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De Revision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think at least someone on this forum heard about the Dark Elfs revision.
    The revision was made thanks to druchii.net and I want to ask you what would you think about doing something similar with Dark Eldar.
    I saw something like that on {Ads-Protection} but it was some time ago and I think that this project on {Ads-Protection} was suspended.

So what do you think, maybe on this forum it would be more serious.

Any thoughts?? And if so would should be in such revision?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar actually already had a revision, I believe. And I also remember GW saying they weren't interested in reviewing the army book until 4th edition.

So I would wait at least till then to start working on something like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the main revisions that are needed IMO:

1. Blasters should be S10 but without the Dark Matter rule to resolve the DE-Necron matchup. The Shredder should have the Heavy Flamer profile and template so that people actually use it.

2. Mandrakes should be allowed 2 special weapons.

3. Scourges should have Shredders and Blasters as weapon options along with a drop in pts cost.

4. Talos profile becomes S9 and T7 but loses the bonus penetration against vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think the Mandrakes need a change? I'm just curious, I don't think they're a great unit, but I use them to decent effect by springing an assault on my opponents shootiest unit the turn my raiders get into range. So far it's been a pretty good use for them. Is there any particular weapons you think they should get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Asmodeus@Feb 17 2004, 12:39
    Why do you think the Mandrakes need a change? I'm just curious, I don't think they're a great unit, but I use them to decent effect by springing an assault on my opponents shootiest unit the turn my raiders get into range. So far it's been a pretty good use for them. Is there any particular weapons you think they should get?
    Mandrakes certainly need an overhaul if GW expects to see many DE armies use them. I experimented with them for a while and found them to be way too expensive for their minor benefits.

Overhaul

- infiltrator rules rather than their current rule of deploying in the DE deployment zone. Without FoF, starting within my deployment zone, moving 6" per turn, and needing to be expose by the end of turn 3 means they've only gone 18" when they show up.

- infiltrator weapons. Mandrakes should be able to have access to Haywire grenades. Infiltrators ared suppose to get behind enemy lines and blow up armour and stuff

- squad leader. They need a leader such as a sybarite with access to the armoury (agonizer, etc.).

- better weapons. Two CCWs for a S3/T3 elite choice is pretty weak. How about making them poison blades? One good use for Mandrakes would be to show up in time to assault and tie-up an enemy squad before they reach our deployment zone. They need better weapons to be able to tie someone up for a couple of turns

Just a couple of thoughts. Lord Cru'X

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

ummm this is dark ELDAR in 40K not dark ELFS so stop callin them Elfs they are Eldar and any GW member will say the same.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azriel: learn to read...

He was making a comparison between the Dark Elf revision championed by Druchii.net, and suggesting a similar attempt to create a petition for them here. Had you actually READ the post, you'd have seen that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exacly as Asmodeus said

Dark Eldar actually already had a revision, I believe. And I also remember GW saying they weren't interested in reviewing the army book until 4th edition.

So I would wait at least till then to start working on something like this.
    They had a revision but it was couple of years ago and the new codex will be on 2006 or something (so I heard) so I think that they need a revision to cope with other armys that have a new codex (I don't say tha I don't win with those armys but it would be much easier with couple of new rules and wargear )

1. Blasters should be S10 but without the Dark Matter rule to resolve the DE-Necron matchup. The Shredder should have the Heavy Flamer profile and template so that people actually use it.

2. Mandrakes should be allowed 2 special weapons.

3. Scourges should have Shredders and Blasters as weapon options along with a drop in pts cost.

4. Talos profile becomes S9 and T7 but loses the bonus penetration against vehicles.
    1. Blasters are as good as they are and making them S10 is IMO not a good idea besides they are unique in our army and S10 blaster would'nt be fluffy IMO
    2. I think that mandrakes are also not that bad but they need a boost.
    Special weapons are good, and a Sybarite wpould be even better but I saw opinions that they shoul have/also have poisoned weapons but not those from the codex, just ordinary poison that could be used with another CCWP and wound on 4+
    3. IMO Scourges should be only cheaper but a lot cheaper
    4.Talos is good I don't know why you would like to change him, he is so sweat

- infiltrator rules rather than their current rule of deploying in the DE deployment zone. Without FoF, starting within my deployment zone, moving 6" per turn, and needing to be expose by the end of turn 3 means they've only gone 18" when they show up. - infiltrator weapons. Mandrakes should be able to have access to Haywire grenades. Infiltrators ared suppose to get behind enemy lines and blow up armour and stuff
    In three turn Mandrakes can go about 29-34" including charge so it is not that small. But having ordinary infiltrator rules? - IMO the just would'nt be mandrakes
    I definetly agree with you with the infiltrators weapons however, that would be neat

Thanks and keep ypu thouths coming, I wil collect your ideas and maybe someone will help me to show them to GW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Blaster and Talos changes are specifically to address the Lith Living Metal Rule. At the moment the DE v Necron matchup is severely biased towards Necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you have maybe 6 or 8 dark lancec then it is not so hard to destroy monolith and besides how many monilits will have your opponent?
    IMO just ignore the monolith and make him phase out, unless you don't have anything to shoot out with your lances, if so you can always damage him and thats also a couple of points.
    The best way is to have many disintegrators and phase him out, when you have about 8 than thats not a real treat The more he will be rolling on WWB the more will be dead

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast