Hey, some qs if someone can help me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, some qs if someone can help me

Hello all, i've recently started playing Tau but i've been wandering around on this site for a bit now. I have some quick questions if someone can just clarify a few things for me.

First off, what the heck are TEQ and MEQ? I'm guessing its like multiple enemy.... or something?

Secondly (and i'll try not to break the rules), if I have my Shas'la equipped with a markerlight, and he attacks with that, the whole squad is able to attack the target right? I think I picked up somewhere that a unit cant attack something if one of them used a markerlight on it. Is it the same with stealth suits that have a marker drone?

Lastly (again, i'll try not to break the rules), if for example: My commander has X attacks and his weapon has Y attacks, I multiply the X by the Y to have XY attacks don't I?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Its been a while since I last played the beautiful game

Damo

P.s Does anyone use seeker missiles?

Last edited by Damo; April 16th, 2007 at 00:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okat first MEQ stands for Marine equvilent so basicly andything with T4 and a 3 plus save.
    I don't know what TEQ stands for. I don't know the answer to your first question but for your second the number of attacks a unit has has no effect on shooting and is not effected by number of shoots a gun has. Ie if a model has 2 attacks and a 3 shot gun. In combat he wil have 2 attacks nd for shooting he will shoot 3 shots from his gun. they do not have an affect on each other.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    First off, what the heck are TEQ and MEQ? I'm guessing its like multiple enemy.... or something?
    Tau Equivalent and Marine Equivalent. Basically, models that have similar statlines to Tau and Space Marines.

Secondly (and i'll try not to break the rules), if I have my Shas'la equipped with a markerlight, and he attacks with that, the whole squad is able to attack the target right? I think I picked up somewhere that a unit cant attack something if one of them used a markerlight on it. Is it the same with stealth suits that have a marker drone?
    Yes, the whole squad actually must choose to attack that target, as long as they are in range. If the model firing the Markerlight has a target lock, then they can target a different enemy than the rest of the squad, but besides that, they must target the same enemy. Same applies to Stealth Suits with a Marker drone.

Keep in mind that unless the Markerlight wielder has a networked Markerlight (such as Marker drone), then the squad may not use the benefits of any Markerlight hits coming from that same squad.

Lastly (again, i'll try not to break the rules), if for example: My commander has X attacks and his weapon has Y attacks, I multiply the X by the Y to have XY attacks don't I?
    No - read the rulebook. The Attacks characteristic applies only to Close Combat, which shooting weapons aren't usually used in.

I recommend getting the rulebook and reading it over carefully!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

TEQ = Terminator Equivalent (2+ save, 5+ I save)
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks fellas!:yes:

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

P.s Does anyone use seeker missiles?
    Yes, but only in higher pointed games. However, there is a nice tactic to use against armies with armour/vehicles with these if you have several Piranhas armed with two seekers, with the Piranhas preferably split into two units. In turn one, zoom these guys full blast up the flanks of the table. This precludes them using their on-board weapons (Fusion/Burst and the Drones), but doesn't prevent the Seekers from being launched since they are not controlled by the vehicle on which they are mounted. Next, Markerlight the offending enemy vehicle(s) and call in the Piranhas' seekers against those vehicles. Since you have positioned the Piranhas so far up the table, those Seekers will be striking against SIDE armour, thus giving you a much better chance of taking out the vehicle. LOS is irrelevant, nor do you need to worry about range, and the To-Hit roll is the same as BS5.

Sneaky but nice!

E.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use seeker missiles if I didn't have to glue them on and be forced to pay the points in every game. Know what I mean?

Also, I don't really use pathfinders. I got a squad, and never used em, but that is my personal prejudice.

I've read games where marker lighted armies just decimated 'zilla nid's and others.

oh TEQ= terminator equivalent, something like chaos termies, oblits (maybe, i dunno), whatever else has 2+ saves.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread