question about psychic scream - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member mente enjambre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    vitoria (spain)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    question about psychic scream

    i`ve got the spanish codex dunno if it works like other countrys ones. It says that the psychic scream gives a -1 modificator to the LEADERSHIP TESTS to the minis in the range. Just to the leadership test not to the leadership, so it does work with psychic tests?? does it works with the barbed strangler test?? the units, when they do have to take leadership tests?

    PD:very sorry for my engrish, hope to be understandable..

    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    15 (x1)

    Whenever a unit has to make a test that uses their leadership score(psychic tests, pinning tests, morale tests, etc) they get the penalty from scream.

  4. #3
    Member Darksteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    Hmm, I just checked my codex and it does indeed just say Leadership Tests only. RAW wise this only affects unit targeting tests, Pinning tests, Last Man Standing tests, and Regrouping tests. (I may have missed a few.) This means that it would NOT affect Psychic tests, since those are a separate kind of test altogether.

    ROI (Rules as Intended) wise the writers could have meant that any units in range suffer a -1 to Ld, but RAW dictates ONLY Ld Tests. I never actually noticed this beforehand, and I think it could screw over a lot of players...
    Lone Wolves (Space Wolves) - 2092 pts
    Hive Fleet Basilisk (Tyranids) - 1767 pts
    Chaos Fleet - 900 pts

  5. #4
    Senior Member mente enjambre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    vitoria (spain)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    Yes i know... this will not have any effect against (for example) the super siren slanneshi daemon prince, very bad for us...
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

  6. #5
    Son of LO tarzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteel View Post
    Hmm, I just checked my codex and it does indeed just say Leadership Tests only. RAW wise this only affects unit targeting tests, Pinning tests, Last Man Standing tests, and Regrouping tests. (I may have missed a few.) This means that it would NOT affect Psychic tests, since those are a separate kind of test altogether.

    ROI (Rules as Intended) wise the writers could have meant that any units in range suffer a -1 to Ld, but RAW dictates ONLY Ld Tests. I never actually noticed this beforehand, and I think it could screw over a lot of players...
    Actually, a psychic test is a LD test. All Morale tests are LD tests. And all LD tests are LD tests=).

    It effects everything, so long as a model with Pscream is in range to actually affect the model.

    Example, Space marine 4 man unit 10 inches from a zo with Pscream, and 14 inches from a HT with it, gets shot and loses a model to a Barbed strangler. If they have a Rites of Battle model on the board, they would use his LD at -2 for the pinning test. If they passed it, they would then take a morale check at -2 or fall back. If they had a librarian as one of their models and he tried to cast FotA, he would test at -2 on his psychic test.

    Hope that covers all the bases for you=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

  7. #6
    Senior Member mente enjambre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    vitoria (spain)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    Example, Space marine 4 man unit 10 inches from a zo with Pscream, and 14 inches from a HT with it, gets shot and loses a model to a Barbed strangler. If they have a Rites of Battle model on the board, they would use his LD at -2 for the pinning test. If they passed it, they would then take a morale check at -2 or fall back. If they had a librarian as one of their models and he tried to cast FotA, he would test at -2 on his psychic test.
    Thanks for the reply, now i know that any test is a LD test, right?

    But... can you explain me this example a little more, dunno why the SM unit has to take 2 LD test. The pinning test for the barbed stranler cos it has caused a casualty but dunno why they have to take the morale check. thx in advanced.
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

  8. #7
    Son of LO tarzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by mente enjambre View Post
    Thanks for the reply, now i know that any test is a LD test, right?

    But... can you explain me this example a little more, dunno why the SM unit has to take 2 LD test. The pinning test for the barbed stranler cos it has caused a casualty but dunno why they have to take the morale check. thx in advanced.
    25% casaulty. Taken ONLY if they PASS the pinning test=)

    And the -2 is because of the 2 psychic screams affecting the unit.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

  9. #8
    Member Darksteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    Actually, a psychic test is a LD test. All Morale tests are LD tests. And all LD tests are LD tests=).
    Hmm, rereading the Morale section of the Rulebook it seems that you're right, my mistake. I think what threw me off was the some units passing Morale Checks but not passing pinning, and stuff like that.

    Ah well, thanks for proving me wrong .
    Lone Wolves (Space Wolves) - 2092 pts
    Hive Fleet Basilisk (Tyranids) - 1767 pts
    Chaos Fleet - 900 pts

  10. #9
    Son of LO tarzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteel View Post
    Hmm, rereading the Morale section of the Rulebook it seems that you're right, my mistake. I think what threw me off was the some units passing Morale Checks but not passing pinning, and stuff like that.

    Ah well, thanks for proving me wrong .
    No worries. Just remember, units can take multiple pinning tests from shooting (up to one per casualty per unit shooting), but will only take 1 morale check for casualties at the END of the shooting phase, and only if they passed all the pinning tests.

    This allows you to shoot with your warriors, check for pinning. No pin? Next unit of warriors shoots same target. Check again. Still no pin, try again with another unit. If after all that, and they still aren't pinned, then they take their morale check=) Rather mean, but very effective.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

  11. #10
    Senior Member mente enjambre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    vitoria (spain)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    Actually, a psychic test is a LD test. All Morale tests are LD tests. And all LD tests are LD tests=).
    is there any page on the rulebook or any site where i can show to my oponent that a psychic test is a Ld test?
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts