How do i handle plasma weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i handle plasma weapons?

I have played my friend who uses Dark Angels and is completly obsessed with plasma weapons and haven't even scratched him, iv tried VoDing immortals but they just get owned by plasma cannons and destroyers just get shot down. Im out of ideas any wanna help a fellow necron player out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Champ! Welcome to LO!

Okidoke, I see your problem....

Firstly, cover is your friend. Cover save and WBB will make you a highly resistant force. See if you can take some close pieces of terrain, and hold it; use it as an anchor.

Veiling to a place where he will blast with multiple Plasma Cannons is a big no-no It can be so easy to use Veil simply because you have it. I usually only take it to keep units out of combat.

Veil with Lord + unit behind Scarabs in combat, by knowing scarabs will get the charge and use the Veil at the beginning of the turn you wanna charge. This will force things to move and react to you. Hopefully something with dangerous Plasma loadout will move, and either not fire, or shoot at something he doesn't want to shoot in the first place. Just make sure you can shoot, too.
    I suggest trying a Veil movement with Warriors instead... it's a bit risky, but better to lose Warriors to plasma than Immortals. Immortals should be able to always shoot something anyways, so maybe you'llbe rapidfiring a bit more with Veiling Warriors. I like to gamble a bit

Plasma won't instant-kill anything except scarabs. :yes: Thats a good thing. Plasma Cannons, on the other hand, still allow WBB, but really, really hurt with that template. Does the Plasma Cannon unit have a power fist in there? no? then scarabs. Hold the unit, stop it from shooting you. Try assault more than a single unit at a time, hold up 2 units. You need to stop it from shooting, and have a firefight with the other units. Even with plasma, he shouldn't be able to win a fullout firefight with you if all his units can't participate, and yours can:shifty: .

Plasma Guns are generally used against Destroyers if possible... even though they have WBB, the guns low AP compared to the Destroyers expensivness and low unit strength works to the guns favour. If he is using Plasma against your Warriors, don't worry too much...your Gauss can hit them back! Focus everything you have to really put the hurt that unit. Multiple Destroyers come to mind. Numbers is the key to such a battle

The big problem is throwing all this firepower into the enemy units and still leaving 3-4 members (i.e the plasma models). This is what you dont want. Just try your best to tie up those Cannons and focus what you can on the plasma gun units.

So far, I've been thinking about Tactical Plasma squads and Cannon Devistator squads. If every unit has a Plasma gun and Cannon, then it is a bit more difficult because the Cannons are more dispersed.

Same thing, try tie up the units out of your range, and have a firefight with the units you can shoot up bad. There aren't many quick fixes to such a problem, unfortunately. But Destroyers are your friend. Focus them at a single unit... harvest, then move on. Harvest, then move on. Try not to have the whole enemy army shooting you, and at the same time, use your whole army to focus on a single unit. Not too easy, but devistating if you can do it

I sorta assume you don't have a monolith, otherwise you would be laying the smackdown, because Plasma can't even touch the Mono.....

Anyways, I apologise if I repeated myself a hundred and seven times, but it is really important. To be honest, if your opponent doesn't change his 'Massive Plasma' strategy, you will learn to master what I have said, and it will get a bit repetative, but you will learn, you can only get better, and you will harvest him thoroughly

Good Luck Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

jONESIE's right, cover and scarab rushes. Scarabs will tie the devs up at least long enough for you to deal with his other stuff. Also try to draw fire with a res orb protected squad, then hammer the devs with destroyers.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's stocking up really heavy on plasma weaps use a monolith if you have one, if not use the swarming strategy. The Mono works on my bro who collects Dark Angels too, it distracts him and his battle plan has to changed an awful lot. He used to have alot of plasma but now has a load of more balanced heavy weaps. The particle whip works wonders too (IF IT HITS!)

Good luck to you.
    Time Is The Only Constant
    •*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.••*¨¨´*•.¸.•*´¨And C'tan Have Plenty Of It...

+ Reply to Thread