Craftworld Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworld Armies

Hello all,

So... been perusing the board looking to play vicariously through others (it'll be another week until I can find time to roll dice and make 6" jokes) and I keep reading things about Craftworld armies... like, "I'm making a Saim-Hann army" or "that might work for an Ilyadan army."

Now... my 40k knowledge is pretty bare bones... I've borrowed my coworker's Eldar codex (it's the newest one, I think) and I recall seeing some fluff sections about the major craftworld and it talks about how one uses lots of aspect warriors and one uses armies of the dead because they've been slapped around like a red-headed stepchild by the Tyranids...

Are there special rules somewhere about what units you can and can't use in a craftworld army? I've been making my lists with a smattering of things and I'm curious if I were to do a tournament game, would I have to adhere to special restrictions? I also gathered from some snippets of postings that there are special rules to the individual craftworlds? Did I just skip some major section of the codex or are these all special rules from White Dwarf or Black Gobbo or something?

Anyway, thanks in advance for mitigating my newbosity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Before the new codex,there were craftworld armies that each had special rules and such. The newest codex did away with all these rules while modifying the codex to easily support making an army to represent your chosen craftworld. So nowadays when people say they're making a "Saim-Hann" army,it's not using any special rules or anything,just making a list that fits the Saim-Hann theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

as per Wumpus (ggod answer mate) the details of Craftworlds and their specific rules were in codex craftworld (bet that took an age to think up the name for)

this is no longer legal for the new codex

It is possibly worth getting hold of as a new player, cos it will give you a high degree of understanding of the craftworlds, and is not expensive (£4 new)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread