tau 1500pt army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tau 1500pt army list

i am playing my first game Saturday. and was wondering what everyone thought of my army list.

HQ
    -shas'o- twinlinked missile pod, plasma rifle, hwmt 118pts

elites
    -crisis- plasma rifle, tl fusion blaster, hwmt 68pts

-crisis - tl plasma rifle, fusion blaster, hwmt 72pts

-(2) stealthsuits
    (1) shas'vre - markerlight 110pts

Troops
    3 units of 12 bonded 375pts

9 kroot 1 shaper 91pts

Fast
    gundrones 96 (3 will be removed if i feel i need two railguns)

Heavy
    2 broadsides
    a.s.s
    mwmt
    hwtl(do you need one on both or is just one fine?) 195
    target array

2 hammerheads( separate units)
    railgun/ion(one of each)
    multitraker
    disrutionpod
    targetlock
    burst cannon 180/135

if i play space marines i am dropping the gun drones (cause i think they cant be pinned) and getting another squad of stealth suits(or making the one Squad bigger.)
    i am also not sure about my battle suit configurations. and i really feel that i am spending a lot on the broadsides but i don't think (contrary to any tau players on this forum) you cant beat being able to re-roll strength 10 ap 1 shots

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by apeironer View Post
    i am playing my first game Saturday. and was wondering what everyone thought of my army list.

HQ
    Make him a Shas'El w/ Targeting Array and HWMT and save yourself 21 points. Twin-Linking BS5 weapons costs more points than it's worth.

elites

You shouldn't twin-link weapons as this makes the other weapon less effective. Especially with the cost of the Plasma, at BS3 it will miss half the time. Give them a Targeting Array instead. You might want to consider giving your commander the Fusion and leaving these guys at longer range. Maybe one with Plasma/Missile pod and maybe a pair of Deathrains (TL-Missile Pod, Targeting Array).

-(2) stealthsuits
    Unless you're going to go all the way with a Stealth marker team, just make these plain stealth suits. I would suggest 5 with no team leader and no upgrades for 150 points.

Troops

9 kroot 1 shaper 91pts
    What is the point of the Kroot? I think they're best as counter charge units and for this, you don't need a shaper but you could use a few Kroot hounds. 10 Kroot w/ 8 Kroot hounds is very popular and extremely effective and cheap at 118 points.

Fast
    gundrones 96 (3 will be removed if i feel i need two railguns)
    Gun Drones are good in general, but against marines? Meh. Unless you use them to screen your commander, taking advantage of the IC targeting rules.

Heavy
    2 broadsides
    a.s.s
    mwmt
    target array

railgun/ion(one of each)
    multitraker
    disrutionpod
    targetlock
    burst cannon 180/135
    I would drop the Broadsides and take two Railheads. Marines don't usually have many vehicles and 2 Broadsides will only kill 2 marines per turn at best. Unless your oponent doesn't realize this and treats them as if they are dangerous, they will not make their points back directly. I would replace them with a Skyray for mobile markerlight support and seeker missiles, which are just as dangerous to marines as the Broadsides.
    Last edited by ZenGamer; May 4th, 2007 at 17:00.
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all this is the wrong forum for this post. however i see you are new to the forums, so a welcome to LO is in order!

HQ

well this is a fine config, usefull for shooting at all types of infantry, as well as hitting light/medium vehicles. you can save a few points by choosing a shas'el instead of the 'O and purchasing a HW-Target Array, but if this is your first game keeping the 'O will make him easier to survive combat if he gets charged (i will suggest you buy Vectored thrusters untill you learn how to keep him out of combat).

[I]elites
    -crisis- plasma rifle, tl fusion blaster, hwmt 68pt

first off ill start by saying the strength of the crisis suits is thier ability to completely excell in a specfic combat role. having said that ill also say that crisis suits are "Meh" (meh= neither good or bad) at best if you try to equip them to be a jack of all trades.

theese suits are fine just relize you completely change the targets the suits will be usefull at shooting by Linking the diffrent weapons . if the first suit is intended to be a vehicle hunter (guessing so due to TL-fusion) i would swap the plasma for a missle pod. because the missle pod will be both more usefull in tank hunting due to higer strength but also have more targets to select due to higer range.

the second suit im guessing would be used for anit-infantry. if this is the case i would suggest swapping the fusion for one of 3 weapons, burst cannon,Cyclic ion blaster,or Airbursting Fragmentation Projector. the BC is good all round secondary weapon, the CIB is a good complement to the plasma for hitting heavily armored targets 3+/2+ armor and also good at hitting lower toughness units. and the AFP excells at clearing out light infantry that like to hug cover.

-(2) stealthsuits
    [/I]

perfect :yes: tho i might add a hwtl to the shas'vre so it can shoot a diffrent target than the squad, also maybe save some points by going from 'vre to team leader

Troops

9 kroot 1 shaper 91pts

you might want to experement with using 6 squald of 6 rather than 3 squads of 12, first of all you dont make use of alot of markerlights so the smaller squads wont be a hindrence in that department. also the more troop choices you have the later in the deployment phase you deploy your crisis suits(this allows you to see where your enemy has deployed more of his troops so you can better place your suits to increase thier usefullness).

Fast
    8 gundrones 96 (3 will be removed if i feel i need two railguns)

i like this squad myself as a screen for my commander.

Heavy
    2 broadsides
    a.s.s
    mwmt
    target array

good config. and no you just need one TL per model that is going to shoot at a diffrent target ie. the "squad" shoots at tank A and the team leader rolls target priority to be able to shoot at tank B

railgun/ion(one of each)
    multitraker
    disrutionpod
    targetlock
    burst cannon 180/135

railgun vs. ion cannon
    the rail gun is better or equal to the ion cannon in id say 90% of situations. due to the fact that the rail gun has 2 firing modes. (solid slug/pie plate) the ion cannon is better however at shooting vehicles that form a squadron like Space Marine landspeeders. or guardsmen sentinels, eldar warwalkers. or lightly armored "fast moving" skimmers. because all of the types i just mentioned you benifit greatly from having multipule hits (even glancing ones). because remember you can only ever score a glanging hits against a fast moving skimmer so more glancing hits are better than 1 REALLY good glancing hit!
    Last edited by dragon252; May 4th, 2007 at 18:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Yep, wrong section, can a mod move this please.

second, you have some legality issues in your list I would like to address.

HQ
    Okay as said above this guy is WAY expensive for what you are getting, just change him out to a Shas'EL with MP, PR, TA and HWMT. You get all the same good stuff for less points. THe missile pod doens't need to be twin linked and really it just takes up too many hard points.

elites

Okay, you can't take these guys like this. Only Team leaders and Shas'vre can take HW options so these guys would need those upgrades. Second, why bother, just take the Plasma rifle and fusion blaster and MT and you are golden. Or if you wanted to take the team leader upgrade take some TA's for better accuracy and MT for both weapons shooting.

I would also find a way to either increase the stealths to 6 members and lose the markerlight (increased mobility is never a bad thing), or just lose the stealths altogether, three with a markerlight is a pretty soft unit that will die easy and not give that much marekerlight support anyway. Maybe do this by dropping the broadsides as they don't mesh well with your mobile army.

Alright thats my little bit.
    Have fun

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped with my army list. last Saturday i completely crushed my opponent. i think i only lost six firewarriors and a unit of kroot. But my Kroot did their job hiding in a forest and messed with a dreadnought for a couple of turns till they were assaulted by his hq squad but 12 inches away from my kroot were 30 firewarriors. So i guess you can imagine what a space marine hq squad looks like after 60 shots were fired at them.( it took forever to roll all those dice). But anyway thanks for your help guys

+ Reply to Thread