A Battlesuit Question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (n.) 1. The act of locating. 2. The place where someone or something is at a given moment.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Battlesuit Question.

Okay, I'm a (fairly) new Tau player and connoisseur, and as I'm sure isn't a surprise to many of you, I find Battlesuit options and weapon loadouts interesting.

I have a copy of the original Tau Codex, (not the new Tau Empire revision thingy, so my knowledge may be just incomplete), but I've been looking everywhere for mention of the ability to equip an Crisis suit with two of the same type of weapon.

Mind you, not twin-linked, but two distinct and separate weapons. This would mean paying the points cost for each weapon separately, for instance:

-buying a Plasma Rifle = 16 points
    -buying a TL Plasma = 24 points
    -or-
    -buying two Plasma Rifles = 32 points

Basically, it's like instead of buying a PR/MP combo you drop the missile pod and add another plasma rifle, giving you two shots and potential rifle hits, but at a higher cost than simply twin-linking. Of course, the suit can fire both weapons in a turn if you buy the multi-tracker, so it's just like any other normal weapon combination. However, I've never heard anybody talk about this option, so I'm assuming it's not possible, but I could just be missing something.

Can anybody tell me whether or not Crisis suits can do this? It's not even remotely mentioned in the codex or the faq/errata I've seen, and I'm kind of eager to know whether or not my line of thinking is legal. I mean, if it is true, then Crisis suits start looking a whole lot juicier in my eyes.

3 suits, 2 flamers + MT each = the ability to deep strike 6 flame templates into enemy lines. Am I crazy, or is this not a really really fun idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pg 25 of tau empire codex under "twin linked battlesuit weapon systems" in a nutshell if you take 2 of the same weapon it automatically counts a twinlinked. how ever for this reason there is a reduced point cost due to the redused volume of fire....also no battle suit may be equipped with 3 of the same weapon.

this is how every army will be done in 4th ed with few exceptions. (none that i have seen so far BTW)

(n.) 1. The act of locating. 2. The place where someone or something is at a given moment.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, okay.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I better get this new codex... good-bye, another happy 20 bucks. :closedeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well on a side note they vastly improved the markerlights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon252 View Post

this is how every army will be done in 4th ed with few exceptions. (none that i have seen so far BTW)
    Tyranid mostrous creatures can have 2 of the same weapon.
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only shadowsun can use 2 fusion blasters, due to her special suitsystems.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posted by zengamer

true but even if tyranids choose two of the same weapon they still count as twin-linked tho with no reduced points cost <yes this blows>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon252 View Post
    posted by zengamer

true but even if tyranids choose two of the same weapon they still count as twin-linked tho with no reduced points cost <yes this blows>
    Except if the weapon is already twin-linked, then it counts as 2 twin-linked weapons.

The Devourer for instance on a Carnifex... It's twin-linked if you take one, and it is 2 seperate twin-linked Devourers if you take 2.
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Also Eldar War Walker is allowed to take 2 identical weapons at full price without them being twin-linked hence being able to put out 8 S6 shots. Eldar Vyper can take a Shuriken Cannon with an underslung Shuriken Cannon without them being twin-linked.

Unfortunately the Tau cannot do this. Any weapon system will count as twin-linked if you buy 2 identical weapons (albeit at a reduced cost). Says this on page 25 of Tau Empire and in the Wargear section of the original Tau codex. I don't have my old copy with me so can't quote page number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again back to tyranids MC yes you can buy 2 SETS ot twin linked devourers for a fex but you are actually buying 4 devourers in this way not mearly just 2 devourers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast