Feared Units (in Imp Guard especially) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feared Units (in Imp Guard especially)

Hi,

Just wondering what most Tau players feared the most in enemy armies, specifically in the Imperial Guard. It seems Tau are so mobile and so good at shooting i can't think of much they'd fear, but what the things that cause you most problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Probably... Basilisks, Lascannon-spamming Heavy Weapons platoons, Hellhounds really ruin your day, and having a Demolisher Cannon landing on your Broadsides is enough to sour anyone's mood.

But personally I'm going to have to say the Lascannon Spam, followed closely by Basilisks in my opinion.

Oh how silly of me. I forgot veterens. They really suck too. Imagine firewarriors with more BS, plus three melta guns and a lascannon that can infiltrate.

Ya...
    "My capacity for hard work is immense. It's my willingness to do said work that's lacking..."

Fluffmaster Clan Member

Shas'El A'ava Mont'Ein D'ran O'Kroot - Tau Fluff HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

for me, bassies are #1. everything else is out in the open and mince meat for my fire warriors and support units. but bassies can hide and are normally unreachable till about turn 3.

one great example of my hate for bassies is that two of them and a leman russ destroyed a THIRD of my army in a 1500 point game FIRST TURN! for full report on that battle read my battle report "1500 Tau v IG"
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, coming at this from the guard perspective, I have found that basalisks and deep striking units really give Tau a hard time. I like deepstriking veteran squads with three plasmas myself. I always use three, and each one can wipe out a group of suits with no trouble. That and the basalisks together can eliminate the suits without any trouble. But don't loose all hope. Mech lists with tons of firewarriors are killer. Even a small firewarrior squad can kill a guard squad with one round of shooting, and it is hard even for guard to fight many tanks at once. So, that would be my reccomendation.
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally, completely, and undeniably the Basilisk. Negates the Jump Shoot Jump, hit those hammerheads behind cover first turn, utterly demolishes kroot and firewarriors.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

#1 Basilisk.
    #2 Opponent's second Basilisk
    #3 See ##1+2

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    #1 Basilisk.
    #2 Opponent's second Basilisk
    #3 See ##1+2

E.
    took the words out of my mouth..

And when i play my friends chaos army (whos 1st team is Imperial Guard) the Defiler with indirect fire that he ALWAYS usues becomes a huge pain.....
    "In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance." -Joseph Stalin
    Imperial Guard = Soviet Army? Me thinks so.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The Hellhound gets my vote. Even the Leman Russ lets your Kroot and Firewarriors have cover saves!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Basilisks mmm don't really find them that awesome, if they are indirect they have a minimum range of 36" so very easy to avoid, they scatter which means a high proportion of their shots do zilch, I must admit though I do not like losing Hammerheads to them.

The guard list type I fear most is drop troops, I play a couple of friends who use drop troop doctrines and they are nasty, I regularly lose Hammerheads to drop troop units with meltas and XV8 suits are really vulnerable to these melta / plasma toting squads, I hate em

The other unit I do not like is anything tyranid and fast with rending, stealers are just vicious.

I also do not much like Dark Eldar Wyches though luckily I very rarely face these maniacs, like stealers if you let these get to your lines your screwed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a bit of kroot mercs and I can't exactly say that Tau players are too fond of my first-turn assaults. It's all because of me lucky charms!
    So 1337 that it'll crash your physics engine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast