Lictors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Lictors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of all the tyranid armies i'v seen being played, my army is the only one i know about without a lictor. are they any good? if they are, how can i use them efficiently?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Lictors have some major problems. If your opponent guesses where it is, then it's almost useless. You have to reveal them in your shooting phase, so your effective charge range is only 6" - if there is no enemy within this distance and few cover, then you just wasted a lot of points.
    They can be effective though, it's extremely funny to reveal a lictor next to an annoying devastor squad...but it's always a risk to field them. For the points of a lictor you can have about 13 more scythegaunts, these will serve you better.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never use lictors. Too weak in combat (T4 and only a 5+ save? marine devastators beat mine up before i got rid of it).

More hive tyrants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that too. In the codex they REALLY build up how good the lictors are, but they're pretty crappy when you get down to it. If they had something absurd, like 6 attacks, they'd be alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never count on a Lictor to do anything but scare the living daylights out of enemy units. I regualrly field three of them, and my opponents all make a point of staying 7" from any cover bigger than a palm tree. I've actually had them so scared by my lictors that he would rather face the massed guns of my nine-strong brood of warriors packing venom cannons.

If your opponent delays himself searching for lictors, or stands in the open for fear of being charged, then you've got your points-worth from them.

Lictors have a very bad habit of dying in a single round of combat, and they are not the dreaded character-hunters the codex makes them out to be. If you're intent is to actually get some honest battlefield use out of them, then they are best against vehicles. I've watched a lone lictor brutalise his way through half of a ravenwing army before somebody actually managed to gun it down, and I've come knocking on many an ass-end of Falcons and Serpents. Aren't Rending Claws fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending claws are legendary -- i know from my genestealers ... LAND RAIDER for god's sake! I infiltrated me 'stealers -- this SMs Land Raider tried to tank shock me but i passed my morale check -- next turn, BANG. One 250pt+ vehicle that was armed with hurricane bolters, multimeltas, u name it -- down the drain to a 8 man genestealer brood -- turn 2 :lol: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lictors are awsome they are one of the best creatures in my tyranid army.just put them where you think your opponent will move his guys.make sure you have some of your guys by him when you deploy him so he can get some help.use 3 lictors... :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 lictor is 80 points.

So are 5 genestealers.

5 genestealers are much more dangerous in combat (15 rending claw attacks when they charge... mmmmm.... dead terminators)

5 stealers are much more likely to survive the battle and do critical damage to the enemy, while I use all of my elite slots for luvely winged warriors with scything talons and rending claws. Expensive but VERY lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

genestealers under my command tend to not survive before combat ...

Closed Thread