seeker missiles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: seeker missiles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeker missiles

Just wondering if i should spend the 10 pts each on a seeker missile? Are they worth it cause i could spend the extra on more troops

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

It's kind of hard to say without seeing the list and what you are running with the missiles.

In general, they can be good in an alpha strike list, but I find that I use them as more of a defensive weapon (especially on a skyray, hint hint).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I have dreams of fielding a list that assaults the enemy with a massive swarm of seekers right out of the gate. Essentially, the list works in two phases.

Phase 1: Missile Swarm! Soften the enemy up. Every missile should be fired by the end of Turn 3.
    Phase 2: Mop up. Ideally, you will have conserved your forces to such an extent that you can pick and choose how to go about earning more VPs for The Greater Good.

Not really sure how to go about doing this, but I figure if it can be done at the relatively low points level of 1500 pts -- considering how expensive it is to get markerlights and seekers -- then it would be viable at larger points levels, too.

@aussidave: Maybe this is topic for another army list challenge?
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on your list and how you play. How many are you planing on fielding as you'd only lose a couple of firewarriors to make room for them. I have two seeker missiles mounted on a piranha as it can manouver to the side and rear armour of vehicles. I use it to support my infantry squads as they can't get heavy weapons. IMO they are worth it.

@ number6 that missile swarm sounds awesome! Its definitly worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    @aussidave: Maybe this is topic for another army list challenge?

Hmm the seeker missile army challenge hey. Let me figure out the details and I will be put her up there. I do like the idea of a squad of pathfinders lighting up an enemy unit and then seeing said unit vaoprised by eight seeker missiles.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The Alpha Strike is a good option to use when you have a) plenty of MLs and b) at least one Skyray in your list. The Seekers are included in the cost of the Skyray, so you are not wasting further points to mount them on DFs or Piranhas if you feel that having more bodies on the ground would be better for your survival.

Having the Skyray launch all six missiles in Turn One is a good idea, because this then frees it up for more important work such as markerlighting for the Hammerheads or Broadside unit you doubtless have taken. Since the Skyray can only fire two of its own missiles per turn, and that relying on both its NWMLs actually hitting their targets, it is an advantage to have a lot of other MLs (Pathfinders or SMTs) to enable it to offload everything at one go.

Another use for added Seekers is to put them on Piranhas, then scoot the Piranhas up the side of the table at full blast. Markerlighting anything that has an armour value then at the opposite end of the table will mean that you are able to send in the Seekers against the side armour rather than the frontal armour of these vehicles, rendering it much easier for you to get rid of them.

As to whether you should add Seekers or not really depends on how many points you wish to sink into a one-shot-wonder which may or may not work! Once it's used, it's gone, whereas a Fire Warrior may just survive in cover for the entire game. 6 shots from him vs one from the Seeker? Hmm...

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread